May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Can't wait to hear your experiences!

2. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks! I don't have any tracking info, just the number so far, but it shows an expected delivery of 9-26. I'll try and work out some kind of video setup to do a proper video for everyone.

Not that my drawing skills will do it any justice.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Don't supposed you could also test the "Outdoor" ness of its screen? Shoot video or pictures of it being used outside in both shade and sunlight, and perferablly next to other tablets you have to guadge how visbale the screen is.

Also, there are 3 Wacom apps that will come pre-installed; Manga Canvas, Infinite Canvas and Creative Canvas

At present these apps are not available on the Android Market, and although Shog has already kind of debunked them as useless, I would like to see how they run on the Galaxy Note 10.1. Would you be able to turn those apps into APK files?

tabletartist4d likes this.
  4. cmenice

I'll do what I can with the outdoor stuff. I might not be able to take video, but I'll at least post whether I think it's usable in those situations.

I know Shogmaster ruled out those apps, but I want to see for myself as well. I appreciate his input, but everyone's opinion is different. He may just think they are crap, but they might be fine for others. I'll do what I can to show instead of providing a lot of opinion. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to put towards this, but if I can, I'll try the apk on my Note 8.0 and see how it goes. I'm pretty curious how those apps are and if they work only with the "intuos" type digitizer.

5. cmenice

Ok, the tablet is definitely on the move. Should be in my hands at the end of next week.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Yuureikun

Yuureikun Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't wait to hear how you like it. After just having tried a Fujitsu T902 and having major digitizer malfunctions upon receipt, it is going back and I have placed a pre order for the Windows 8 256gb model. Mid October can't come fast enough!

justicejr likes this.
  7. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

Tomorrow Microsoft is going to show off the Surface Pro 2. Might be a good deal vs the Companion Tablet.

8. Yuureikun

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I will have to check out the info once it is released. At this point, I feel like is rather pay for a unit that I won't have to worry about build quality issues (every Wacom product I've ever owned felt incredibly high quality) that I seem to have bad luck on with every other tablet PC company. It absolutely can't hurt to see what the Surface Pro 2 has to offer though. I guess at the moment I just feel like I have no qualms paying a premium price for something I know I'll be able to rely on.

Wacom also has a 30 day return policy. So if I don't feel like its worth every penny, I can get my money back and go a different route.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    cmenice likes this.
  9. cmenice

I agree here. I have a Cintiq and I have a Fujitsu T902. Some people say you can't feel the difference in the pressure levels etc, but I completely disagree. My Cintiq has much much better feel than I've experienced on my T902 or the MS Surface Pro (that I sold).

There is something to be said for the larger screen on the Wacom tab vs. the Surface Pro. It really makes a difference. I found it really difficult to work on the Surface Pro because it was so narrow. The T902 and Wacom tablet have an extra 3.3cm/1.32 inches of screen real estate on the narrow side.

I agree that the Wacom build quality has been very good. Though, the Surface Pro had really good build quality too.

10. Yuureikun

I feel cramped enough on the 11.6 inch screen of my Samsung Slate, hence that is one of the many reasons I want to upgrade. I would never get along with less than that. The screen size of the T902 seems perfect and if mine worked properly I would love it. So it seems like the Companion will be perfect for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.