May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if the ability to use the Windows version as a Cintiq is something they can add afterwards through software, should they decide to listen to this feedback.

2. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd be interested to know how many of those interested in the Companion, or other TabletPC's for art, already have a classic Cintiq connected to their workstations?

3. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a theory that it requires a separate video card, or some hardware in addition and couldn't get it all to fit.

Though, they do have the USB port, and the external display port, so who knows.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I snagged the 21ux Cintiq last year and while I have adored it, I do find myself still doing most of my work on my S7S Tablet PC. More so because doing Art at home just kills my productivity.

If the Windows Cintiq Companion had the "Cintiq" option....It wouldn't necessarily replace my 21ux...but I would love to have a 3rd screen.

I remember seeing videos years back when the 21ux Cintiq was Intuos 3 based, so artists who had both the 21ux and 12wx..since they both were using Intuos3 tech and the pens were comparable...they could use the 21ux as a full blank canvas...and use the 12wx for their color palate and mix colors on it, then start painting away. Basically turning the 12wx into an overpriced digital paint board.

5. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

That's what I plan on doing if the LT1423p ever gets released.

6. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

Art_N00b likes this.
  7. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking good on this Wacom :thumbsup:

8. Rousing_Dipthorne

Rousing_Dipthorne Pen Pal - Newbie

[raises hand]

Tablet PCs are great and they're only getting better and better every day. I use mine daily but as far as productivity goes a cintiq on a desktop is unmatched. I was hoping the windows version would be a proper marriage between the two but at that price I'm not exactly tossing my Tablet and Cintiq out in order to replace it with the windows version of the companion.

9. cmenice

The Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid is showing "In stock, ships within 24-48 hours". I wonder if that's true or not. It makes me very tempted.

10. cmenice

Temptation got the better of me and I ordered one. I was expecting to not hear anything until it releases in "mid-October", but surprising I just got a tracking number. I guess I'll be doing a review on the Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.