May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Lol. I'm gonna have to tell my wife that!! I've graduated to "grandpa of the Internet!" ;)

My interests cross a lot of lines (art, professional work, outdoor use of the tablet, onenote, ahk), so I tend to be engaged in a lot of conversations. I'm also a part time stay at home dad, so on the days I'm home, my laptop is readily availble and I have little pockets of time to share and discuss.

Mostly, I like stimulating conversation. People here tend to provide that. :)

2. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in Wacom's board room.

I bet they're sweating with the announced product lines from Sony, Acer, Lenovo and Bosto.

They've been sitting pretty for far too long, and have been real dicks with the artist community lately.

The shakeup ship is landing!

4. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

What do you mean by "being real dicks"?

5. Jcase

Jcase Pen Pal - Newbie

No question, they should have made the Companion capable of connecting to another computer as a Cintiq, but I do think Wacom wants to make products that serve creative people well. They make more money licensing their tech to companies like Samsung than they do making art tablets and Cintiqs. You could say that's a reason they're not pushing the envelope further, but I'm glad they're in the game at all. No one else in the US seems that interested in providing art-centric hardware (Modbook... oy). My Surface Pro and others like it are great solutions, but at the end of the day, they weren't designed with art production in mind.

6. justicejr

Has anyone figured out why they chose not to make that feature available? Does it take different or additional hardware? Or is it just to exclude the Companion from the Traditional Cintiq line?

7. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

8. justicejr

The Wacom rep makes a good point. Wacom does make a tablet for every budget. There's been a lot of complaints about the price of a Companion or even the traditional Cintiq, but a Cintiq is not a necessity for digital art. I used an intuos tablet for years before ever considering a Cintiq and it worked great.

On another note: taking photos with a Companion looks worse than using an iPad to take photos. Please never do this in public.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    alanomaly likes this.
  9. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

10. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Dam, and I was so looking forward to your review too. Just one question though, didn't you say before that you'd trade 2 hours of battery life for performance? Is it now more of a criteria for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.