May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Brightness honestly is fine. It's not blazig like 10.1, but it's fine. Only issue would be bright day light in Cali sunm but honestly you should use this indoors... On a table... attached to a computer (lol).

2. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

Shog: Just watched your videos on the Cintiq Companion Hybrid.

-I got the sense that you are frustrated with this device overall. Definitely unimpressed with Android's capabilities. Does the Win8 version solve a lot of the problems of the Hybrid? Or does it create new ones, because it can't be slaved to another PC?

-What did you think of the build quality of the device overall? Did the weight add any sense of sturdiness? Did it flex while drawing on it?

-Comparing the Hybrid to the Samsung tablet was great. Though I think the way this comparison was framed seemed to downplay it's primary purpose as a desktop Cintiq, with added Android functionality. A $500 premium for a fully capable Android device that size including a Wacom stylus/sensor, seems reasonable. I understand your concern about carrying around a $1500 Tablet but don't you carry around your T902? Portability is the primary advantage in this case.

Very much appreciate your videos. They are very unique in perspective, and focus on the artist user, rather than the general consumer. Keep it up.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. justicejr

Great video.

First question: How does one get a job drawing adult toys?
    Second Question. Was that tablet on a table, or on his lap?

4. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PekpwViMTw

new video. I was thinking about cancelling my preorder and just waiting for the haswell version, but it will likely only bring more battery life. This thing is already pretty powerful. but i really want one... on a side note, those sandals! ughhhhhhh....

5. justicejr

I hope they do one of these videos with the artist who made those promotional comics for their Facebook Page.

6. Shogmaster

Win 8 version will be infinitely more useful for pros. It just won't be as useful and of value as it could be because of the missing Cintiq mode. It will be a $2500 Tablet PC with relatively short useful life because it's Ivy Bridge and 8GB of RAM as well, but it that's another discussion.

The build quality was solid. No flex. Weight does I guess add to that feeling, but to me, Note 10.1 felt great as well. I'm an industrial designer so I don't mind the forced flex on Note 10.1 because I know of the materials involved.

Ultimately, the relative value of this device is really up to each person. For me it fails. Others will think

You need to have a product design degree and do 3D modeling. He's shoeware designer, but his boss wants to some dildos, lol.
    He was drawing on his lap and the table I think.

BOoooo~ Europe got a sample of the Windows 8 version before 'Merica?!? Outrageous!!!

Maybe I'll get to see it this week.

7. justicejr

Shog- what was the drawing surface made of? Was it similar to the 21UX surface? I liked the glass on the Surface Pro, was wondering if it was close to that feel?

8. Shogmaster

It's textured glass, just like 13HD. That's why it looks a bit dim and obstructed, but the advantage is the nice textured feel that most analog artists like. By comparison, Surface Pro's glass is more slick and clear.

It's all personal preference really. I don't like slick glass nor textured glass. I like plastic on plastic action like T902. ;)

9. justicejr

So, what you're saying is: You like the T902.

10. justicejr

So how well does the textured glass hold up? Is it resistant to scratches or damages?
    I had a 12WX, that seemed like it scratched too easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.