May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

After watching these vids, I'll bet one question on many of your minds is:

What's on the inside of these badboys?

Well, I sent a email to iFixit and they said they might be interested in doing a teardown-- if there's enough interest. It'll also be the first time a Cintiq has been torndown on the site.

So for anyone who's interested, send an email to support@ifixit.com and put your vote in for a side-by-side teardown!

Edit: I just had to add: iFixit are the only ones willing to go where even Shog's hands dare not! :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Rousing_Dipthorne

Rousing_Dipthorne Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not a very good multi-tasker so I probably missed if you addressed this concern but how are the edges of the screen? With the extra meat on each side I'm hoping they would have stuffed an oversized digitizer to help with the jankiness of the edges. Every iteration I'm hoping they'd fix it and although I haven't tested the 13HD yet I'm hoping it's fixed by now... because there's a 90% chance I'd give in to temptation and pick up the windows version this year and I'm so eager to know if I can use sai in a tablet PC without pulling my hair out at navigating tiny UI elements at the edge of the screen.

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Marty, that's a brilliant idea. I'm down. It'll be awesome if they did both Android and Windows both, so we can see if my theory about them rnning out of space to include the Cintiq functionality for the Windows version, lol.

BTW, the edge jitter is very minimal. Calibration is good too.

4. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

I actually planned on opening it up likely the firs day i get it to see if the ram is upgradable. Would be even nicer if they did it for me to save me he trouble.

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

OMG finally. I knew it was the Hybrid 13HD announcement that was c0ckblocking that thing....

6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well you're a brave man--or very rich :D. Remember, Shog said these were sealed tight. If I just bought a $2k tablet, I'd be cradling it like a babe, not putting the heat guns and tweezers to it.

Besides, why not have iFixit do it first, and then you do it. So much nicer if you know what you're expecting. And it would suck to pry it open just to find the RAM was soldered, lol.

So send an email to iFixit, theres a good chance the side-by-side tear down will happen!

7. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

I want to know about the relative difference between dimensions / size of Cintiq 13HD and the Cintiq Companion?
    There will be a litttle difference,if not much in dimensions/size.

8. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll wait for some of you guys to give a review or a list of impressions.

After buying a X230t , I wouldn't be surprised if Lenovo cut a lot of corners.

9. tabletartist4d

tabletartist4d Scribbler - Standard Member

hey shog how was the brightness and screen quality compared to the other two. My note 10.1 has a ridiculously high nit rating while the companion has a dismal 250nit rating. Is it not that noticeable and maybe made up for by color accuracy?

10. Tallon

Tallon Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Shog, did you try out the companion hybrid outside in day light?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.