May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

No, you have to pay the Museum fee. We all are. Johnny Rockets downstairs don't need to. I might stay there for the first hour to greet people for the Wacom maybe...

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

"What?! I still have to pay the admission fee?...I'll have you shogged!"

3. mrpentastic

mrpentastic Pen Pal - Newbie

Haha, I wasnt sure if it was part of the museum or not. Anyways. so Wacom is having some kind of official event at the museum this Saturday?

4. Shogmaster

No, this is a drawing group event me and my friends hold every week in different parts of LA. I just happen to have the tablets with me tomorrow.

Being Shogged is quite a pleasant experience, I'll have you know. At least that's what the ladies tell me. *grin*

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'm starting understand how you have so many 'friends' :D

6. Shogmaster

Bad news... The Windows version hasn't been delivered to LA yet. I was only able to pick up the Android version from my friend. It's charging right now so I can have it for all day session at the Petersen museum tomorrow. Kind of worried about battery life. He told me it's all charged up but when I turned it on, only 30% was remaining. Gonna have to pay attention to sleep drain for reference.

I have to return it early on Sunday so I will have all day plus all night to make some movies and do some tests.

I hope to have the Windows Pro version for next weekend.

7. justicejr

justicejr Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you going to make a video? I really enjoy your overview and comparison videos of these tablet devices.

8. Shogmaster

I've borrowed the Note 10.1 I gave to mom so I'll do that comparo video, I'll do one about it's function as a Cintiq, and I do a comparo to myT902, time permitting.

9. klachowski

klachowski Pen Pal - Newbie

Aaaarrrgggghhh indeed. Setting the price aside, the non-replaceable battery is my deal breaker. I honestly think there is quite a bit that Wacom got right. The size, while not the 15" that some of us fantasize about, is large in the current tablet universe and seems like a nice balance of portability and size. I like the room around the edges where an artist can comfortably rest their hand. I love the short cut buttons. I have a Fujitsu T-730 and even with clever homegrown apps I can't imagine how digital artists work with these modern, no button, clean interfaces (yet another wonderful innovation from the fruit geniuses that brought us the one button mouse!). It's like drawing with one hand behind your back! Well I guess drawing with one hand behind your back isn't difficult... but anyway... I would love to have couple extra buttons. I've never used a cintiq before so I'm not exactly sure how the circle thing-a-ma-bob works, but I imagine it helps work flow as well.

I have other minor qualms like the narrow aspect ratio, but if it weren't for the battery thing I would be looking forward to buying a used one in a few years. I'm still looking forward to Shog's video reviews though.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Shogmaster

Good news on the battery front. We used about 3.5 hours of drawing time on it and battery says 60% left.

I also had some other professional artists use it and had several varying results. Those who are use to the digital art process and use Cintiqs day to day felt limited by the Android OS but others who never really drawn digitally thought it was greatest thing since sliced bread... until I told them the price, lol.

One of the people who tried it out was an ex Sony animator who still works in the movie industry. I had him try it out and he liked it enough with Android Sketchbook Pro. But then I had him try Fresh Paint on my T902 and he much rather draw with that, lol. I got a video of him doing a quite funny PG17 drawing on the 13HD Hybrid too.

Another pro was an industrial designer working on footware. He knew about the device and was eager to try it out. Was impressed enough with it but fel that it wasn't that big a leap from Note 10.1 which he used before. He didn't think he would buy it for the price.

Consensus was most wanted to check out the WIndows version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.