May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

To be clear, I'm not saying they will do a dual OS device. I'm saying they will have two versions of same hardware device: One that runs Win 8 and other one that runs Android. They can easily do this with the same Clovertrail SOC hardware. Same assembly line pumping out both WIn 8 and Android tablets.

2. Vraeth

Vraeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is another interesting rumor about the mobile tablet possibly using Tegra 4. I just saw this linked by someone and I am not sure about the trustworthiness of the site, but it may confirm some suspicions.

Couple of maybe not-so-negatives. The codename for the device makes it seem like perhaps it will be a cintiq that can be attached to a computer (or maybe docking station) for serious work and then taken mobile for lighter work. Also, no mention of the windows version.

Finally, they mentioned the possibility of desktop streaming with Nvidia GRID. Correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive GRID has only been discussed for cloud based streaming of games, rather than full streaming of personal computer (a la splashtop). Also, I am not aware of a destop streaming service that retains pen pressure so that would be news to me (and if it lacks it-- what's the point).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Shogmaster

Sounds like they are launching what 13HD should have been from the beginning.

4. dcbCreative

dcbCreative Here for cookies.

Agreed... ...Though if that rumor reported in Liliputing is true, I am no longer waiting. At least not for this potential Wacom product (Back to stalking the 13" tablets from Samsung and Sony). My current want is to obtain a stand alone Windows tablet PC that doesn't need to be tethered to another device in order to run the applications I use in my workflow. As I stated before, Android drawing applications are not mature enough to satisfy my wants as a creative; beyond doodles and sketches that is.

5. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

If I knew Sony going to put a 13" tablet PC on the market, I would not purchase the T902...

6. dcbCreative

dcbCreative Here for cookies.

If its any consolation... ...The Sony VAIO Duo 13 utilizes N-Trig and the Microsoft's Ink API not Wacom and Wintab for its stylus. So you're probably doing better with the Fujitsu Lifebook T902, which thanks to the more mature Wacom platform offers native presure support for a lot more applications.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  7. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

For now I'm only using the window wintab calibration, I'm just away from the wacom calibration...
    I didn't install the wacom driver after the calibration tricks...

8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Calibration? Wintab is for Pressure Sensitivity, not calibration. The lack of Wintab can cut you off from using many programs, like Photoshop, Corel Painter, and Paint Tool Sai etc. You would kind of just be limited to Manga Studio, Sketchbook Pro, and Artrage. Although the latest N-trig hardware is seemingly vastly improved....Ram be damned, you would still be overall better off with the Samsung ATIV Q or the T902.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In a way I kind of suspected they would try this...but I was hoping they wouldn't. The whole idea of Streaming your work over Wi-fi....although promising ....I really don't think the performance is kind of there yet for it to be really used in a practical way. The early test videos of the (now kind of considered Vaporware) LT1423p demonstrated that very well.

But so long as the Mobile Tablet can be streamed off a Mac, this does enable Wacom to kind of maintain their OS neutrality.

10. Shogmaster

It's pretty much a done deal guys. The mystery device is a Android/RT tablet version of 13HD.

You know what that means, right? Minimum of $1300, probably closer to $1500. And probably a crappy battery life for an Android tablet due to giant LCD and DTK digitizer.

It's not just a donkey but a very expensive donkey, lol.

That whole streming discussion is a none starter. The lag is too great. No one would be happy with taht result.

Seriously, people ***** about lag on Tablet PCs for cryin out loud...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.