May be this Wacom worth to wait...

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Bubble7, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

:thumbsup:
    Coming this summer a new Wacom tablet PC, no need to plug any cable and work alone!
    :rolleyes:

2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Offcoarse,
    It worth to wait for Wacom.
    After all,if it comes with same specs as that of ModBook Pro with same screen size,
    ModBook Epic would be fail globally.

Infact,I am waiting for a WACOM Tablet PC.I am holding my decision to buy ModBook Pro or a mix of Macbook and Cintiq 13HD,only due to this announcement from Wacom Americas.

Its really exciting news indeed.
    Nothing can be better than a Wacom as of today.Right?
    :thumbsup:

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It won't be a Windows Tablet PC.

Also, it won't use Intuos parts. It will use UD/Penabled/Feel boards.

All likelihood, it will be an Android tablet. It will probably be similar to Samsung Note 10.1.

4. Aman

We don't know what type of Tablet it will be.
    I guess it should be a windows Tablet because Wacom Stores itself mostly sells only professional Art equipment.And Windows or MacOSX is particularly used by professionals.Android is generally not meant mostly for proffesionals.

Can't tell about the Complete specs.
    But we can definately expect a HD screen.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I fear your right, but I hope your wrong.

6. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually Android system is very possible...since its a open platform,
    its easy to deal with compare to Mac and Window...
    another Samsung tablet with Wacom logo then???????

7. Shogmaster

Samsung bought a decent share of Wacom, so they will continue on with their Note line in phabets and tablets. Their next Note tablet will be Exynos 5 equipped and much higher res than Note 10.1, which will negate all the power gains with Exynos 5, but hey you gotta chase that marketing bullet point...

Wacom, I have almost zero confidence in using top of the line pats for their own tablet. Their product development moves at a glacial pace, and they value margins over volume. I can almost see this thing now in my head:

quad core A9 at best (no A15), 2GB of DDR3, 10" 1280x800 0r 1366x768 IPS LCD (which by the way, is a good thing for a tablet that is primarily for art), Jellybean or possibly Ice Cream Sandwich, most;y plastic construction, Penabled/Feel UD board, and probably $50~100 premium for the Wacom name, which Sketchbook Pro thrown in for free.

It's gonna be a big disappointment, just like the Cintiq 13HD

8. Aman

Well,
    even though not sure,its not necessary that Wacom would use traditional Penabled Technology Frequencies for its digitiser included with its Upcomming Tablet PC.
    Current Cintiq models operate at different digitiser signal frequencies than Wacom Penabled Technology Frequencies
    which might also be the case with Wacom's Upcomming Tablet PC.
    Actually both Wacom Tablet Monitor and latest WACOM supported tablet PCs (Can be refrered to as latest Wacom Penabled Tablet PCs)use same EMR Technology but operate at different frequencies.

An Cintiq pen would not work with a Wacom Penabled tablet PC and viceversa,due to difference in frequencies they operate.

Wel,if the specs match,I expect the pricing to be atleast allmost 70 to 80 percent more expensive than the Fujitsu Lifebook T902,but that's absolutely worth every single penny due to much much much better Callibration standards.I had faced horrible pen Callibration issues with Fujitsu Lifebook T902.

I have no intention to say that Wacom Tablet PC's callibration would be much much much better than ModBook Pro's Callibration,but if you get all goodies in lesser costs and with a much more reputed brand,then nothing like that.

Lets see what Wacom Americas says on Facebook regarding this issue:

"
    We’ve heard you shouting out loud for a Wacom mobile tablet for creative uses. Well… we’re listening. We’ve read your email and spoken to many about an on-the-go dream device. It will come. This summer. We’re working 24/7 on it. And yes, it has a real pressure-sensitive professional pen, smooth multi-touch, an HD display, and other valuable features that you haven’t seen in other tablets.
    "

"
    Thanks for your positive feedback about the new Cintiq 13HD, our slim compact desktop Cintiq for Mac and PC! For those of you that want the freedom to create anywhere, we’re still refining your on-the-go dream device coming later this summer.
    "
    These posts are available on:
    https://www.facebook.com/Wacom/posts/10151303312481691
    and
    https://www.facebook.com/Wacom/posts/10151269211541691

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  9. Shogmaster

We all know about Wacom digitizer types, Aman. I'm the dude that taught the board about them years ago.

BTW, All Penabled/Feel still operate at same frequency. That's why all Penabled/Feel products can interchange their pens. But Intuos and Penabled/Feel have more than the pen frequency differences. Intuos also eats more battery power ude to higher sampling rate and added tilt + rotation sensing. Not too friendly for inclusion in battery life sensitive mobile devices.

Also, I can tell you have no real practical experience with Wacom products since you are singing virtues of "higher calibration standards" for Cintiqs. They are just as bad or even worse for cursor matching the pen tip! When you calibrate a Cintiq, you get close enough and you have to let it be. The drift and/or jitter near the screen edges will driver you bonkers.

If you want to enjoy Wacom EMR digitizers in any of your ODM products (including Cintiqs), you simply must let go of your calibration obsession. Frankly, I'm getting annoyed reading about them in your posts over and over.

10. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I did not know that. I really hope it finally results in high resolution screens under Wacom penabled digitizers. I was finally looking at upgrading my ancient T4210, but I can't justify it when screens haven't improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.