Major improvement

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Kumabjorn, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I'm not sure I understand, the Note has a systemwide lasso tool in the S-Pen. Just hold the button and select what you need. Things like resize, move and inserting white space is what I include in note management rather than note taking. Guess we simply have different definitions.

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well I guess what I mean by management are things that can be done later like organizing. The features I listed I need while I'm actively inking. That is the distinction that matters in my use. Do I need it while inking?

As far as lasso, I don't know about the system wide lasso. The only thing I can get the button to do is "Air Command" which allows me to take screen shots but that isn't what I need.

3. Kumabjorn

The original Note 10.1 doesn't have the the Air Command, unless the U.S. version has been updated with that feature. But I see what you mean, the features you mention aren't easily available, and may or may not be introduced in future updates.

4. Mesosphere

And Sandiegosd may not need them (or the ones I don't need but others do), but it is worth a little research on his/her part to find out I think.

5. Kumabjorn

I believe we have provided plenty of options through this discussion.

Mesosphere likes this.
  6. Mesosphere

On another topic. I realized I wasn't really using Swype on my GN4. I was using the stock Samsung keyboard which has Swype like input. The real Swype keyboard is much better at recognition and correction. Although, I don't like how press to hold special characters requires a longer key press to activate, but overall it is much better.

7. Kumabjorn

You should try the voice recognition. Stellar. Just remember to clean the cache once in a while, the French part of me thinks of it as the bidé of text input.

8. Sandiegosd

Sandiegosd Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't select and drag text? Yeah I guess it doesn't have that select button on these Wacom stylus. I'm used to taking notes on Surface pro 3 in Onenote, and annotate PDF in Drawboard(win8 metro app) but I don't have the SP3 any more. For onenote I just need a digitizer layer I guess so Note10.1 should suffice. Hope there's a competent PDF annotation app on android

9. Sandiegosd

Sandiegosd Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Kumabjorn

Try EZPdf it should have you covered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.