Major improvement

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Kumabjorn, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Tickle me pink! Got a major upgrade for my Galaxy Note 8 and 10.1 today. They are called Microsoft Word Preview and PowerPoint preview. Yoohoo!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. Sandiegosd

Sandiegosd Pen Pal - Newbie

have you tried handwriting in Onenote on the 10.1? I just need Onenote and am considering between GN10.1 and some windows tablet (AVN8 for example)

3. Sandiegosd

Sandiegosd Pen Pal - Newbie

have you tried handwriting in Onenote on the 10.1? I just need Onenote and am considering between GN10.1 and some windows tablet (AVN8 for example)

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is very limited on features, but inking works well. I wouldn't want to use it as my main note taking app, but I could easily see it being sufficient for simpler note taking needs.

5. Kumabjorn

For note taking it works splendidly, for note management it comes up short, but if it is as a companion to a Windows machine it is excellent.

6. Mesosphere

Depends on the kind of "note taking" you do. For what I do it isn't about management.

7. Kumabjorn

IF you need to do electrical diagrams and such? Then yes, it has limitations. But Microsoft just released the full desktop Windows version for free, they obviously want OneNote to be the standard in note taking, so I don't think I'm going out on a limb of I say that the versions on other platforms will receive major upgrades.

8. Mesosphere

I wouldn't be surprised if your right, but, if you need the missing features, I wouldn't recommend buying an Android tablet now with the expectation of the needed features being added soon. They may get added in the future, but it could be a long wait. It took years to get them to even add basic inking.

On the other hand, if you don't need those features, the Android app really is quite good.

9. Kumabjorn

Unless you need special features outside inking, then it fulfils most needs, it you do need Wolfram Alpha on math formulas occasionally you can use the S-Note application. More cumbersome? Absolutely, but doable.

10. Mesosphere

I don't use anything like that. What I need are the ink editing features like lasso select to move, resize, or copy selections of ink and the insert/remove space tool so that I can insert content that most logical fits between what I've already written (commonly to correct mistakes). Also nice is the high quality rendering of PDFs and slides printed in. I also insert files (like code files) which I can't open while reviewing notes on my tablet. The radial menu is also quite handy for quick access to my commonly used features and pens.

These are some of the features I commonly need, but desktop OneNote is filled with little features that are useful to one use case or another. They are probably not absolutely necessary to every kind of note taking, but I think it certainly covers more than a few odd people... although I'm admittedly quite odd =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.