Main battery life on my T4210...

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by rob1116, Jul 19, 2006.

1. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just on my way to work; wanted to quickly share my results from this morning.

Screen brightness at 3/8, no wireless at all, no optical drive use, but continuous use (surfing, writing in Onenote, installing more programs) including 5 minutes of Unreal Tournament (lol... 35fps on medium settings @ 1024x768), and I transferred about 12gigs of data to the harddrive over the wired network.

Results: Using only the main battery, from fully charged to critical level only (auto-standby, not auto-off), I got 4 hours and 15 minutes.

I don't know how relevant this is for the average person, but I can say that for my future student uses, this amount of activity (i.e. a lot of harddrive activity) is probably more than I will experience in class taking notes. I won't be using wireless during note taking, and I won't be using the computer in general as hard as I did today... I am confident in 4 hours of class time no problem with just the main battery.

2. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

woohoo, i think its time for barry to call fujitsu to get a replacement battery since his is jacked.

3. GMAN

GMAN Pen Pal - Newbie

I too agree that Barry's review is way off. Barry, you should either redo that review, or have a disclaimer that your battery life seems wrong going by the experiences of others. It's only fair to Fujitsu, who have created a wonderful tablet and sales are hurt by the unfair battery-life evaluation. After having mine for 2 days, I can confidently say with the modular battery installed, 8 hours is easily attained, 9 hours is certainly easy to reach without wifi on. Additionally, the machine is beautiful. The only flaw is its OS, (Windows, I'm a Mac believer but need a tablet)-aside from that it's perfect-even its weight is great, 4.3pds may not seem light, but the weight is spectacularly distributed.

4. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

^---- MUST BE A FUJITSU STOCK HOLDER :confused:

(BTW- I thought that Barry gave the T4210 a great review. )

5. twcmaster

twcmaster Pen Pal - Newbie

I too have had nothing but phenominal battery life (with both the standard and modular battery.

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry but who else is saying the review was way off???

All PYROTAK mentions was a light-hearted comment on the battery.... nothing at all to do with the content of the review.

Barrys review was as always an excellent review.

The battery comment would have been taken from how he used the tablet on that particular day.
    If anything, the only thing I would have added to back up or test the battery mark would have been further testing.

Regardless, in no way was that review deemed as 'way off' and in need of redoing.

Other than that, I agree with your findings in the battery mark and as said, the more you use the battery, the more you will gain in it's mobility power.
    Eventually the battery will settle down and then and only then will you get an accurate reading of how long it will last.

7. PYROTAK

I thought barry's review was good and objective. the only thing that really worried me in the review was the battery life! now that i have seen other peoples battery times I am thinking that barry might have gotten a bad battery, that was all my comment was talking about.

8. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that it is important that mention that Barry's review stated that he had everything turned on, basically stressing the box, right? I personally like that type of evaluation ;) ...realizing that I would most likely get better "milege" from my usage due to the way I use it! For the record, I have been getting around 4 hours...3 to 4 bars, and wi-fi on! Now if I would get my bay-battery that I ordered a couple of weeks ago :eek: (scheduled ship the 26th) I am set!

John :)

9. Widget

Widget Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry's review ran everything flat out, meaning that both cores were going close to 100%.

This is nowhere close to "real-life" use, unless you plan on playing UT2K4 AND running a virus scan AND compiling in the background all at once.

I'm not at all surprised that people are getting much longer battery life than Barry's review.

10. PYROTAK

lol UT2k4 on intel integrated GMA for the win!