Mac OSX Vs Windows 7 Pro sketching experience,which is better?

Discussion in 'Axiotron Modbook' started by Aman, May 4, 2013.

1. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,
    as many of you know,I plan to buy a ModBook Pro with windows 7 preinstalled.

Before buying Sketching softwares ,I want to know which feels better for precise sketching on Large size canvas?
    Which of these,OSX or Windows have better support for Wacom stylus?

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. Aman

I have an another question too:
    IIs it possible to share files between both the Operating systems.

For example:
    If I use TV Paint Animation (Windows version) which do not have a Mac Version and I use Photoshop in Mac OSX.
    Can I then share files between the two.(I don't know since my experience with Mac OS is not more than 10 minutes or so.)

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...If I use TV Paint Animation and Windows which do not have a Mac Version and I use Photoshop in Mac OSX. Can I then share files between the two?..>>

...If both applications can store and open the same file type (for example .jpg or .gif), then I would guess that the answer is "yes."

4. Aman

Sharing internally within the same computer (ModBook Pro or Macbook pro) having both OS installed,right???

(I mean,not regarding sharing between 2 computers.)

5. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

no. You won't be able to access the windows partition while in your OSX partition.
    You will need an external hard drive to share files back and forth. OR create 3 partitions: 2 for the operating systems, and 1 for the files... although I'm not so sure about that.

6. Aman

Anybody please confirm whther I can have seperate partition for only files in addition to 2 partitiins for operating system.

If not,then for maintaining more simplicity in my work,I would rather prefer using only Windows for my sketching work.
    (Offcoarse,,I can share files through external harddrive,but them the total workstation won't be exactly portable amd easy.)

Thanks a lot everyone here.

7. sonus911

sonus911 Scribbler - Standard Member

Given that the modbook is so rare, you'd probably get more answers on a traditional apple forum in any discussion about bootcamp.