M700 Vista vs M700 XP Tablet Edition

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by Complexis, Jan 20, 2008.

?

What OS did you choose to come with your tablet?

1. Windows Vista

51 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. Windows XP 2005 Tablet Edition

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dariop

dariop Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know what programs you can't run. Maybe you can illustrate us. I used a Virtualized XP for two programs, a win3.1 table of integrals (that refused to work in any emulated version of windows, later I found a compatible executable), and a DOS program to use with a detector connected to a serial port: the program worked but the serial port emulator didn't.

In any case, I prefer Vista over XP because: I can access any of my programs typing the first letters of its name, the search utility is better, the interface is robusts (if a program hangs it doesn't hang the system with it), the security works better (I don't have any antivirus installed, and the only risk situation was made by myself and rapidly contained). I have Vista in 3 machines by now and the OS doesn't hog the system in any of them.

2. andymkthxlol

andymkthxlol Scribbler - Standard Member

Autodesk Inventor, any version of the most recent versions. They won't even install on multiple setups. Other Autodesk products work flawlessly, but this is the one I have to be able to use every day of the week. I put icons on my toolbar to open programs, I rarely have to search files unless I truly don't know where something is, the security does work better but I get the latest version of norton from school, it doesnt hang up the whole system when I program freezes, but the amount of resources windows vista uses idling without using windows aero is just ridiculous. Like i said before, Its all personal opinion. :)

3. JediZero666

JediZero666 Scribbler - Standard Member

I voted Win XP TPE but am considering Vista Ultimate 64-bit for the use of 4GB RAM. Faronics's Deep Freeze program only works for XP so that was one main reason I stuck with XP TPE. Once I get Vista I will have to get AVG. I dislike Norton and McAffee with a personal passion. Then there's Ubuntu which will work like a charm.

4. ghost650

ghost650 Shot Caller

ummm... both?

i accidentally ordered it with Vista, but i got ahold of my sales person and she was awesome enough to send me an XP disc with the OS and Drivers

so i made myself Vista recovery discs with the onboard utility and voila... i have both. still gotta roll back to xp though.

5. beckib

beckib Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I would love to get hold of the XP recovery discs. I bought mine off ebay with Vista Business on it, and want to downgrade to XP. I just talked to customer support, and they indicated that if I run the recovery discs I created, it will install XP? I don't think that is correct. Pretty sure the discs I created will just put it back to original condition when received (with Vista Business).

6. rusty1404

rusty1404 Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows XP Ultimate is a custom build of XP. http://www.winxpu.info It is XP Pro SP3 with Tablet PC and Media Center integrated. It is a (large) bit torrent download. I am not saying that I think it is or is not: legal, safe, supported or even just plain functional. But it is there nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a utility similar to the M700 Vista OS, where once you touch the screen, a mouse is shown, where you can select the right mouse button to right-click?

Else, how do you guys using M700 XP Tablet Edition right-click using the touchscreen?

8. rusty1404

rusty1404 Pen Pal - Newbie

My pen has a button on the side which is used to right-click. Standard drivers off Toshiba website. It also has an eraser at the back but I have yet to find an application which uses it sucessfully.

9. shmuelzon

shmuelzon Scribbler - Standard Member

if you want to right click using touch, not pen, i think it works for xp like vista: you "click" with your finger and keep pressing. a little circle should be drawn arround your finger, if you release after it completes, it emulates a right click

10. JediZero666

JediZero666 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this should be changed to XP vs Vista vs 7. I wonder who would win that one lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.