M700 Fresh install windows 7 Retail

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by mercyreaper, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercyreaper

mercyreaper Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone,

Well with the release of windows 7 I thought I would see how well things have improved since my RC 7232 build a few months ago. So I will keep it short and sweet...

I installed the OS and then the bluetooth stack, wacom dual driver, Toshiba HD protection driver and the TI storage driver. The only one left is the PCI communications and although I tried the AMT driver it did not fix it. Just FYI Toshiba has updated almost all of their windows 7 drivers for 32 and 64 bit over the last couple of months. I am sure one that will fix the AMT will pop up soon.

Touch screen works fine and seems accurate without calibration, although I will calibrate it when I get the rest of my software installed later today. Once I have onenote and photoshop installed I will test the sensitivity and report back on it.

I started this new thread rather than continuing the older one since this is the retail version and issues maybe resolved. The one thing that is not working right now is the rotation utility seems to not exist right now either except manually :(.

2. mercyreaper

Ok well after a few days of working with everything I got the pressure sensitivity working. As usual it is a chore finding the right setup to get it working.

Let me first say by default if you do not need pressure sensitivity the RTM windows 7 operating system comes with the right driver for touch and pen use in general although no pressure sensitivity. So out of the box it works great if you do not need the latter. There is a small update to the driver after you install windows as an optional download, but this did not fix the pressure issue.

In my next post I will describe the procedure to make this work with everything...stay tuned!

3. mercyreaper

This worked on the M700-S7005v model.

Step 1:

Uninstall the drivers for wacom currently (by default there will be only one, wacom dual touch).

Note: When uninstalling drivers make sure you check the option to delete drivers from your system always.

Step 2:

Delete all temporary files in 2 locations:
    1. windows/temp
    2. users/<username>/app data/local/temp

Step 3:

Download this driver and install ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons520-7a_int.exe

Step 4:

Reboot computer and then uninstall all wacom drivers except the dual touch wacom driver.

Step 5:

Ensure the services section (type in msconfig in the bottom search bar on the start menu and go to services section, select hide all microsoft services) There should be 2 wacom services running, one called wtouch and the other called tabletservicepen.

Step 6:

After checking reboot again, then after reboot install the toshiba driver here.

Step 7:

Reboot one more time and now you should have touch/pen and pressure sensitivity working.

The trick here is the tabletservicepen service it alone enables the pressure sensitivity. However you cannot have both pen/touch and pressure working by installing either the drivers from windows, wacom or toshiba alone. It has to be a combination of the two (wacom, toshiba).

Please keep in mind some steps could be omitted, but this is the way I figured this out and you might be able to cut a few corners. Just wanted to ensure I put in my process that worked well for me.

I hope this helps out anyone who needs it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. bmac

bmac Pen Pal - Newbie

What about rotation? I installed Win 7 64 bit Ultimate 2 days ago and after the install was complete I noticed that rotation was working fine. But today's later after some other driver installs and additional program installs, that rotation is not working. So there is obviously some type of conflict occurring but trying to find the one responsible was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The other item that does not work properly, and this was the same in Windows 7 release candidate, is biometrics. When I boot the computer, the bios does request a fingerprint to unlock the hard drive and then Windows requires a fingerprint to enter into the user account. Previously, under Windows XP tablet edition, you could instruct the fingerprint software to use the initial fingerprint scan (to unlock hard drive) also for the user account, but this is not possible now. Furthermore, if you put Windows to sleep and bring it back out, the fingerprint reader no longer functions.

5. mercyreaper

The rotation is still an issue as of today and I am working on that later on this afternoon after a few other things are completed. My biometrics works fine, if you look on the toshiba USA website they have new software to manage it. One thing I did notice is that even after I put in my fingerprints I did not have the option to use them to log into the computer. So I just swiped my finger across the sensor even though it was asking for my password instead and it scanned correctly and logged me into windows. Try the new software instead of using windows 7 default, that worked for me.

Try this link.

6. andymkthxlol

andymkthxlol Scribbler - Standard Member

Whenever I mute sound in W7, I can unmute that if I just barely graze the volume wheel. How do I turn this off? It sucks for when I'm in class and stuff

7. andymkthxlol

andymkthxlol Scribbler - Standard Member

And I cant get the fn key feature to work when it flashes on the screen so I cant change from power saver to high performance very easily

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You guys installed the toshiba value added package?

9. mercyreaper

Of course not although I did solve the rotation utility, on toshiba's website download the tablet pc extension. If you have the 64bit version you will have to click on the "+" symbol as only the 32 bit version is the default selection. Install (you will receive no status that it finished, just give it a few minutes) and afterward reboot then it will work as expected. Here is the link for the 64bit and 32bit

10. bmac

bmac Pen Pal - Newbie

Now that is very interesting. The 64 bit driver you linked above was available back in August and I downloaded it then to my 64 bit 'library'. When I installed the RTM version W7 64 bit last week, that was one of the drivers I installed. As I mentioned above, rotation seemed to work for a while then disappeared. May be some other driver interferred, or maybe there is a sequence to installing drivers.

But, nevertheless, rotation is now working again. Thanks for your post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.