M7 v. R25

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Requia, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Requia

Requia Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi!

I've narrowed down my choices for a TPC to the M7 and the R25. I was thinking of waiting for the R1F, but I've grown tired of waiting and need the tablet for school. I'm not sure, however, which of the two to get.

I won't be doing intensive gaming on the computer, or at least don't plan to. I will be working in Flash, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya, etc... The main difference, I noticed, was the option of dedicated graphics card on the M7? Do you think it will make a big difference in the programs I run, or will the R25 do just as well as the M7 with those programs?

Thanks

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't think it will make much of a difference at all. In fact, I would take the price difference and use some of your savings to pack the R25 with 1GB of RAM or more - that is what will make the difference in the programs you plan to run.

3. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

But, don't you think it'll make a difference Barry for programs like Maya & 3D Studio Max? If he's doing some heavy graphic work (which probably could be offloaded to a server), don't you think that the dedicated graphics would help a lot?

I guess it depends on how complicated your 3D models will be. I mean, I'm sure Flash & Photoshop would be fine, it's the actual 3D apps that worry me.

4. hongda

hongda Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a difference in the build quality of these two machines?

5. thddragon85

thddragon85 Pen Pal - Newbie

I heard build quality for m7 is better, but thats just whats been floating around on the forums, havent seen one for myself yet, which is whats keeping me from buying it.

6. Requia

Requia Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps I will go for the M7. I've seen the R25 at the Circuit City near me. It seems nice, but I don't know how well it'll hold up against my programs. Plus, the M7 is supposedly built better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.