M400 w/ dual core in the UK

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by everythingblogcast, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello

Does anyone know when the M400 w/ dual core is going to arrive at the UK because I ordered my over a month ago and there is no sign of it. The company that I ordered from does not have a glue when the M400s will be in they kept on putting the dates back and back the last date they stated was April 10th. But that has been removed and replaced with TBA. This is a joke, wWhen some has spend over £1350 and order two. You would think they will get them to me as fast as possible.

Thanks

Kurt

Update 1: Phone Toshiba UK up today and asked them for the information on the dates and the rep said that it would be 2 weeks time until they have enought again.

To me it does not take 4 weeks and a extra 2 weeks to build and send the tablets out to resellers.

2. Nazdrovje

Nazdrovje Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem with the HP tc4200. Seems like a lot of tablet brands are made in low quantities.

3. everythingblogcast

It seems that these big companies don't understand the rust of people that what their product. Its abit like the toys for Christmas they dont make enough. So we should called it the Christmas bug because all big companies have it and can't make enought of a product that we want. Like its not hard to do. If they dont have enough on lauch date put the lauch date back so the rest of us can get it at the same time.

4. ajbm

ajbm Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine from Gultronics 10th March and am still waiting for a definite date. Originally I was quoted March 15th, then 25th then April 1st (haha).
    They are still waiting for the first shipment and are saying the end of this week.

As far as I know no-one else has them in the UK yet and they say they will be the first (still). Cross-checked this with Toshiba sales yesterday and they were saying 2nd week of April before the 1st batch arrive......so watch this space! (this is for the XVGA core-duo version).

5. everythingblogcast

Main Features
    Product Description Toshiba Portege M400 - Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz - 12.1" TFT

Dimensions (WxDxH) 29.5 cm x 24.9 cm x 3.9 cm

Weight 2.1 kg

Localisation United Kingdom

Platform Technology Intel Centrino Duo

System Type Tablet PC - convertible

Built-in Devices Stereo speakers, wireless LAN aerial, fingerprint reader, Bluetooth aerial

Processor Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz ( Dual-Core )

Cache Memory 2 MB - L2 Cache

RAM 512 MB DDR II SDRAM - 533 MHz

Card Reader 5 in 1

Hard Drive 80 GB

Optical Storage DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - plug-in module

Display 12.1" TFT active matrix SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) - 24-bit (16.7 million colours)

Graphics Controller Intel GMA 950

Audio Output Sound card

Telecom Fax / modem - 56 Kbps

Networking Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11g

Wireless NIC Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Input Device Keyboard, digitizer, touchpad, Tablet Pen

Power AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Battery Lithium Ion

Run Time (Up To) 5.2 hour(s)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

Manufacturer Warranty 3 years warranty

6. Nazdrovje

Same situation in the Netherlands. I cancelled my HP tc4200 order that didn't show up, and am now trying to find an M400. Most sites list 2nd/3rd week of April as their restocking date. One sales person told me that a month ago Toshiba told them it would arrive in March. They don't seem to deliver. Very frustrating.

7. Nazdrovje

Well, I received the message the HP tc4200 I ordered has been sent to me, two days after I cancelled the order (because it never seemed to arrive). I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not. I just convinced myself, with the help of Brian, that I really should get an M400 as it is supposedly the better machine. Oh agony!

8. everythingblogcast

Update 2: Rang Toshiba UK up again and they said that its going to be another 2 to 3 weeks for the M400 because of some EU law thing. Which are making all the computer manufacters make greener pcs, and delaying MY and everyone elses M400.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  9. londonsam

londonsam Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been waiting for it to be available for nearly 2 months and still no sign of it anywhere. The retailers have been pushing their expected delivery dates till the middle of next month.
    I originally wanted to get the fujitsu tc4020 earlier this year,but even today it is still unavailable in the UK ( a blessing in a way since i changed my mind after the m400 appeared), so I'm not holding my breath as it could be awhile before they make an appearance.
    Plus after hearing of the problems people are having with the m400, it gives me the chance to do some more research and make up my mind if I really want to pay that much for a buggy machine.

10. everythingblogcast

I have been waiting for over 2 months close to 3 months. So got Toshiba to "Call me back" service they have. And I was called on Monday and was told that they would have them by Tuesday 25th April 2006. But it could change again for them. On the e-seller I order my off says that they will have it in on the 30th April 2006. But I am not going to hold my breath. Because it changed so many times before. But I hope that they do get it this Sunday so I will be able to play with it Wednesday or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.