m400 vs x41t..HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by manikmaniacme, Jun 12, 2006.

1. manikmaniacme

manikmaniacme Pen Pal - Newbie

ok people...just for a second can we please not concentrate about how i type...so now that you have done me this great favour by looking beyond my ability to form words...i would prefer an optical drive...so is the tochiba m400 the way to go??..PLEASE REPLY!!!!

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

If you want to have a tablet pc that offers an optical drive, then the Toshiba M400 is for you.

The IBM X41T is well built, and very light, however it does not have an internal optical drive; you will need to purchase an external optical drive in order to watch DVDs or burn CDs, thus the lightness of this tablet pc.

Another suggestion is the newly released Fujitsu T4210, which offers the Intel Duo Core Processor and an internal optical drive. However, its availability for shipping will be ready in the next few weeks.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I actually defended you in the original thread you made on this subject here.

Which reminds me, just why did you start another new thread when you could have easily tagged it on the end of the original??
    All starting a new thread does is fragment your request.

BTW... again, not forgetting I defended you previously, this time though I will say; the use of capitals 'PLEASE REPLY!!!' is considered as shouting and in this instance could be seen as being rude.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. manikmaniacme

manikmaniacme Pen Pal - Newbie

umm..lol...ok thanks...anyways im not shouting that was just an expression of desperation..but isnt the x41t slower...or i should go ahead with that instead

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, there are a lot of both happy and unhappy M400 users.
    You don't have to dig too deep in the forum to read of the positive and negative comments.
    What you must do though is look at the negative points made and say to yourself "do these apply to me".

Personally and being biased, I would also consider what SimsHsia above mentioned ~ namely the FUjitsu Siemens T4210.
    It has an awful lot going for it with including the multi format DVDRW, which when your not using it you can always purchase another battery, slot it in the bay and increase your battery time to over 10hrs.

I have a number of FS products, including a P7010 laptop and a P1510 tablet.
    The T4210 looks like being my next purchase as well.

The only negative point is again what SimsHsia mentioned in that it is only just starting to become available.
    However, if you can wait, it certainly should not be overlooked.