M400 Questions Before I Buy

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by poetdante, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMAN

GMAN Pen Pal - Newbie

I am about to purchase an M400 due to the fact I want a core duo tablet, and fast. I have a few questions for some of you familiar with buying them, as this will be my first purchase. Firstly, I am hesitant to buy any product without a review, yet I want the tablet soon, thus can I trust toshiba to deliver a product with no surprises? Also, Toshiba posts 5 hour, 7 minute battery life, how accurate do you think that is in terms of real world use? Does Toshiba accurately state their notebook battery life? (I would greatly appreciate feedback by M200 owners, is your tablet getting the 4.5hrs it is advertised? If so, at what performance/screen setting? If not, please give me figures for certain performance/screen settings that Toshiba failed to advertise. Also, they offer an expansion battery for an additional 75$, in slice form, to double battery life? Any thoughts/personal experiences? Would it be better to invest in a second standard battery to save weight when used as a tablet, as the slice would add .7 pounds to the unit's weight? Isn't the only advantage to a slice battery that it will charge simultaneously with the standard battery? Lastly, weight is advertised at a minimum of 4.5pds, what could possibly raise this? Discrete graphics cards are not offered, so could it be the larger HD's? The higher resolution screen? I'm sure ram does, but they weigh very little. Thanks for any replies.

2. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

my r15 pdf said the r15 had 4hrs 13min. I actually get 3 hrs 20min so the 5hrs is under certain conditions like the powersave mode. At full power (and only one cpu never running at 100% for long) I am betting the battery will last maybe 4hrs or less.