M400 and SXGA+?

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by benb, Feb 26, 2006.

1. krobertson

krobertson Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody know what happened to the SXGA+ option for the M400? Every place I've looked says the M400 is supposed to have an option for an SXGA+, but it isn't on Toshiba's site and I saw a post that they've removed it on TabletPCBuzz.

Anybody know why they've removed it and if it is permanent? That would definitely turn off to the M400.

Thanks!

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's unlikely that they stopped offering that for good. I've never seen Toshiba start with a SKU then remove it so quickly. More likely it's a supply issue. I know the M400 is very popular for them, so perhaps it's just out of stock right now.

3. BenHur41

BenHur41 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I think toshiba's handling of the release of M400 is crap. Thier website has the customize option, then doesn't. It's for one price, then another. The SXGA is there, then it isn't. I too wanted to get the high-res, but now it's gone. But, I wasn't going to pay big premium just to be able to customize anyhow. Toshiba's marketing is a joke.

4. Havraha

Havraha Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm probably the most angry about the removal of SXGA from that machine. I'd be ordering right now if the option was there.

I called Toshiba the other day to ask them when, if ever, the SXGA screen would return to that machine, and the woman told me "We're estimating the end of March. ESTIMATING. We're not sure."

Which angers me. Another month of a wait ... and knowing Toshiba, it may even take longer.

If a better dual core system comes out by that time, PFF! So long Toshiba.

5. benb

benb Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I was told it was a supply issue - not a technical issue. they sold more than they had planned and that they are indeed estimating mid march at the earliest. I was also told they are not 100%. There was also a technical issue some kind they had to get taken care of with the SXGA+ version from the supply they had... Which is why many current orders that did get in have been delayed.

bb