M4 with dual core this month

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by butcom, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveToon

DaveToon Pen Pal - Newbie

The english doc is a "Resource Guide" (whatever that means) and has some basic operating instructions but nothing about the pen or tablet mode. The spanish doc has diagrams of the screen swiveling and in pen mode. It also seems to show one of those biometric security finger thingys (sorry for the technical terms!)

If someone out there can translate the interesting bits of the manual, we could probably learn more!

Dave

2. butcom

butcom Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I wish I knew the specs, especially the GPU. We know it will be dual-core and pretty much the same form factor as the M4 so the GPU is all thats really unknown. I'm hoping for an nVidia 7xxx series. They SHOULD put a better GPU in than the M4...Gateway upped its tablet from x600 to the x1400 when they came out with their dual core version so I expect Toshiba to do something similar...

3. dalbert

dalbert Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys did some digging around and found your specs. Dual core, and nvidia graphics. Looks pretty nice.

* manufacturer : NVIDIA®
    * type : NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 110M with TurboCache™
    * memory amount : 128 MB + up to 128 MB
    * memory type : DDR2 Video RAM + DDR2 RAM (system memory)
    * connected bus : 16x PCI Express

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe....product_page.jsp?service=EU&PRODUCT_ID=117996

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe....jsp?service=EU&PRODUCT_ID=117996&DISC_MODEL=0

4. dalbert

dalbert Pen Pal - Newbie

Attached Files:

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

For those interested in reading about the nVidia Quadro NVS 110M, this is an interesting read from NotebookReviews.com Forums: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110m? Thread

For clarification, the 110M is based off of the nVidia GeForce Go 7300 GPU, the 120M is based off of the nVidia GeForce Go 7400 GPU.

But nonetheless, a vast improvement over the Intel GMA 950; this GPU supports the new Aero Glass for Windows Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.