[M4]Need help! Can't detect wlan. :(

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by everythingblogcast, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fal

fal Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all.

I just received my Tecra M4 and was trying to connect to my home lan but having problem with it.

I have 3 desktops that are hooked up wirelessly. I got Nokia MW1122 WiFi ADSL router to share internet and printers. It uses 802.11b(not g) I have couple of desktops with 802.11b card and one with 802.11b/g card. They are all working fine.

I was trying to hook my M4 to the network so I could surf the internet, but it can't detect any wireless network. It keeps saying 'cannot find any wireless networks'??? WiFi card is turned on obviously.

I tried to hook it up to the network by configuring different hardware settings and so on but with no avail. I'm pulling my hair out here.:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

2. Havraha

Havraha Pen Pal - Newbie

Indeed an issue here, Fal. Let me tell you that the WiFi on my M400 is not very impressive either, and the M400 itself fails to detect other computers on my wireless network so I can access them. :-\

I'm not quite good at helping you here since I'm suffering my own problems. Perhaps, ..... Baaarrry?

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. fal

fal Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the helps guys. but it still doesn't work. :(
    I even tried to catch the signal while I'm right in front of my wifi router.
    Any more ideas?
    Could it be compatibility issue between my old wifi router and the recent Intel 2200BG chipset? or could be that mine is somehow faulty? But how can it be faulty, when it doesn't show anything wrong, well, except it's not working?

thanks.

5. Bohemian

Bohemian Pen Pal - Newbie

No idea here, but a suspicion. Could it have anything to do with having MS, Intel, and Toshiba config free all trying to manage the wifi adaptor? Seems like overkill and I would like to find the simplest and most efficiant way to run wifi on my M4. althought I can connect.

6. fal

fal Pen Pal - Newbie

It could be. I doubt it though. I had put my old wifi card (802.11b, realtek chipset) in PC Card slot and it worked beautifully the moment when I installed its driver. Built in intel wifi is still no avail. :(

7. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

really? I don't know about wifi but my r15 can detect a wireless internet cafe from a block away while I am in the basement of my church. I get excelent signals.

oh, and to the guy who started this thread: is the internet switch turned on? the light should say if wireless is working on the tablet

8. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you tryed using the wi-fi in someone elses house or place that has wi-fi. It could be your wi-fi router.

9. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

What system are you using.

1. Toshiba Config Free.
    2. Microsoft Windows XP - Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
    3. Intel Wireless settings. (Sorry I am not using my Toshiba Tablet at the min).

Hope this helps you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.