M1400 Recovery Media

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by kvanderlaag, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvanderlaag

kvanderlaag Pen Pal - Newbie

In my quest to acquire an active-digitzer tablet PC of my own, I have now also purchased an M1400 that I plan to make into some sort of wicked-awesome powerhouse!

...okay, that's not going to happen, but having looked at the specs on the M1400, and PaulB's upgrade thread, I think the M1400 will be more than enough machine for what I need it to do, and it was cheap, too!

The issue, of course, is that like most eBay tablets, it doesn't come with much of anything. You're lucky to get an AC adapter with half of these things. Among the things I didn't get in the initial purchase were recovery disks. Kind of critical considering the hard drive has been formatted by the asset reclamation company selling it.

So, knowing that this forum doesn't support software piracy, (and knowing that I don't either) I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to find a set. I don't know about the legal side of things, but being as it's being installed on an M1400, and intended for an M1400, if anyone were to be able to provide me with a copy of the OS recovery/driver disks, I'd be GREATLY appreciative. (Of course, if this is against forum rules, I also understand. I don't want to step on anyone's toes.)

Thanks guys!

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

have you tried contacting motion for recovery media?

3. kvanderlaag

Motion have to this point ignored every e-mail I've sent to them. No harm in pestering again, though, I suppose.

4. kvanderlaag

$19.99 + Tax + Shipping. (US funds. D'oh.)

M1400 - $165 US Shipped
    AC Adapter - $38 US Shipped
    T4220 Stylus Replacement 2-pack - $55 US Locally
    Recovery Media - $19 US + shipping

Total = $277 US, or $344 Canadian, plus shipping on the OS recovery disks.

Not bad. If I had've asked around, I wouldn't have had to order the AC adapter, since we found a stash of them that a client didn't know what to do with. I'm still happy with the price so far. We'll see how it is after the hard drive and memory upgrades.

5. Ovrclck350

Ovrclck350 Pen Pal - Newbie

So you did find the recovery stuff you needed?

6. waigy

waigy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I'm looking for these disks myself.
    Just bought an m1400 off ebay with no o/s.
    Spent the last 2 days solid trying to get xp or linux working.

Anybody have the recovery disks available?

7. jack33

jack33 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have a set original recovery cds xp tablet 2005 for the M1400, these are in german. i don´t know if its possible to change language with MUI.

8. waigy

waigy Pen Pal - Newbie

I just pm'd you Jack

9. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just ordered myself a M1400 from ebay last night, hopefully it gets here early next week, but I will be trying it the way it will be when I get it (they said they did a recovery of XP to it, we'll see), but I will pop a different 2.5" IDE drive in and try a few different OS's (Win 8, a few types of Linux, and Windows 7 which will likely be one of the final OS's to run on it)

Hopefully I won't be dreadfully busy and I would be able to create a little walk through for you if you are still stuck.

10. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have an M1400 with the View Anywhere display. I'm the original owner and have everything that came with it...including the box! Obviously, I do also have the recovery disks that came with it. I also have the clip-on USB keyboard that covers the screen... everything is in excellent to perfect shape for it's age. I clean the screen regularly with screen cleaner and micro-fiber cloths! Yea, I know, I'm anal....:eek: I believe I upgrade the ram to 2gb and the original 30GB HD to 120GB or maybe 100GB...not sure

I would be happy to burn you guys some copies of the disks but, I'm in Africa working a project and won't be home until late Oct. I've thought about selling it but can't bare the thought of just giving it away for nothing. If someone was interested in a pristine M1400 with the VA display email me at mike_redmon52f@yahoo.com.

Best Regards,
    Mike Redmon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.