Lost recovery

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kevin_tat, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kevin_tat

kevin_tat Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear all, i have a TX2510us, i down grade it to xp but forgot to make a recovery disc, now the recovery still in my HDD but it does not work anymore, can anybody show me how to re-activate it or send me a copy of recovery disc pls.
    ( i did try to delete all partition, just left the recovery there but it still can not boot ).
    pls help me, thanks a lot.

2. kevin_tat

Pls help me ..............

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

if you haven't actually deleted the partition, you could try using easybcd and setting the partition as active.

You are going to need a vista disk, and you are going to make a win pe ramdisk....the image file is going to be on the D drive...i'll post back in a few hours with better directions. @ work.

Try googling it, you can find information on it.

4. kevin_tat

yes, the recovery file still in hdd, i don't touch anything inside it, i still see the warning sentence from hp when open the file, but can't do anyting to recovery it, hic. i am in OS xp3, install hp recovery manarger already but it can not find the recovery partition when i run it, pls help me ASSP, thank you very much ...

5. kevin_tat

Oh my god, after following your instruction, i can recovery form factory now, so happy ....
    Pls help me 1 more time, how to create a recovery disc since HP just allow user create 1 time and my laptop had before?
    Thank you very much.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

There is actually a thread on it here, glad you got it to boot.

If you're back in the vista installation you might be able to burn the disk with this method found here

Let me know how it goes, and if you remember could you write a guide how to recover the hp recovery. It would be helpful to other users. I've done it before but am really very rusty, and don't have a tx to try it on & don't trust my memory. Thank You.

BTW if you are unable to make the recovery disks, i would suggest, using a program like Acronis to make a backup of the recovery to an external harddrive.

Also

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. kevin_tat

I don't know this way work with others HP laptop or not, but i am sure it work with HP TX 2510US. If your recovery file still in HDD, pls following these steps to get back it :
    1 - You should have an OS ( any OS ).
    2 - Download "easybcd" and read the directions for use carefully.
    3 - Create boot file in recovery partition.
    4 - Set the recovery partition to active.
    5 - Restart computer and enjoy the recovery progress.
    Hope everyone can do it ....