Loose power cable?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by plnguyen, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plnguyen

plnguyen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,
    Just bought my EP121 a few days ago. So far I have only 1 complaint. Is the power plug on my EP121 defective?
    I plug it in and it charges fine but it seems very loose. I have to constantly reinsert the power cable since it gets loose and stops charging every time I move the computer in any way.

Is the power plug supposed to click in any way? The only fix I found at the moment is to run the power cable inside the loops of the folio case so the cable runs down the side of my tablet.

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Sounds like you are talking about the plug on the EP121 itself? .it should not not come off that easy..I have mine for 6 months now.lug and and unplug many times daily and no such problem.

Is this a unit from ebay?
    If it is new ..either return it for a replacement or have service to change the plug. imho

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Be sure you are plugging it in all the way, from what I remember of the EP121 is that has a sort of power cord lock where once you push it in all the way is sort of clicks into place and shouldn't fall out when like that (but if it isn't inserted fully it will tend to be loose and fall out!)

not sure if that is what you are talking about, if it is then great! If not then just get a replacement or if you want to try and get it repaired you can do so

4. plnguyen

I bought it on Amazon but the merchant was Plethora.
    Going to call Asus support. Is the plug supposed to be plugged in all the way? I can't plug my power in all the way and there is about a 2mm gap. I included a picture of it. Does this look normal?

Attached Files:

• web.jpg
      web.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  5. plnguyen

Sweet! I don't have to return the unit after all! I just plugged in my cable all the way until it clicks. Works good now. At first the plug was so thin I was scared it was going to break if I plug it in too hard... but I guess all it takes a firm push. Thanks!

6. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

cool! glad it works!

It should loosen up and be a little easier to plug and unplug after a few weeks of use; and there isn't much risk of damage at all (just don't rest the device on the plug at a weird angle, and you are set)

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

yes..there is a 2mm gap in mine as well.

8. webkrawler

webkrawler Pen Pal - Newbie

It's suppose to snap in??

Okay. Now that makes sense. I bought my B121 off Ebay and the seller did not have the power cord.

I bought an after market one new off Ebay and the connection is loose. I thought maybe it was a problem
    with the cord itself or worse maybe the power tip on the motherboad had been loosened/cracked.

But, I will have to try to "snap" it in when I get home.

Thanx for this post!!!

9. TheDrake

TheDrake Pen Pal - Newbie

It snaps... you guys have blown my mind.

All this time complaining about the loose connector... and I had just to snap it in...

10. webkrawler

webkrawler Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, mine does not snap in and is still loose. I paid $10 for it on Ebay (it did not come with the ac adapter when I bought it used).
    Now I am doing research on the one I bought and it seems everyone is saying its the same problem for them, that it does not snap in and remains loose.

Does anyone have a link to a power adapter for the EP121/B121 that works properly and snaps in??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.