Looking for tablet, what should I pick?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hey_Flatus, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey_Flatus

Hey_Flatus Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't taken the time to read all the forums, so I don't know if this is a repeat. anyways, here goes:

I had the TC4200 from HP for a year, and after many frustrating months, I am looking for a new convertible tablet. I am a mechanical engineer student, so I need something with good video.

Also, I hated the fact that the TC4200 didn't have an optical drive, so that would be required.

A core duo processor seems interesting, but not a necesity.

I'm looking at under 2000 USD. I'm Canadian, so that rufly translates to 2263 Canadian dollars.

I've been looking at certain models, mainly the Acer C310, the Fujitsu T4210 and the Gateway tablet.

Edit: Also, any release dates for the ASUS R1F? Would that be a good choise? I'm looking for a tablet before the end of August.

I'm looking for any experience with these laptops or any recommendation someone can make. I don't need convincing that a tablet is good; I've already owned one and loved it.

Thanks for your comments!

2. Videlicet

Videlicet Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe there should be a sticky on this post, "M7 vs. R25 vs M400 vs. T4210 vs. R1F," and "Help me determine the right Tablet for me."

3. Hey_Flatus

Sorry, i'm new at forums, what's a sticky??

EDIT: Sorry, stupid question, got my answer.

4. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

hehe Im running an Acer c204, nice little tablet.

Has a geforce 6200 go, runs Solidworks nicely. Ohh and im also a mechanical engineering student =]

5. Hey_Flatus

Awsome, thanks Jadam! SolidWorks is what I use, so that helps alot. Did you have to contact the customer support? I've read alot of reviews of it being WAY under par....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.