Looking for Tablet PC for research purpose

Discussion in 'Professions' started by Jawad Chughtai, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Jawad Chughtai

Jawad Chughtai Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

i am doing my research for my MS degree. i am looking for a tablet PC that provides me at least features like x,y co-ordinates, pressure, pen movement, azimuth/altitude against any handwritten signature captured using that pc. Also, whose SDK is also freely available so that i can integrate it with dot net or some other programming language and continue my research work...

Any suggestions will be highly welcomed/appreciated.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Your very best bet is to get any PC that you like and a Wacom Intuos Pro input tablet, which is the most sensitive and features angle-of-attack (tilt) sensitivity and pen-axis rotation. Wacom has extensive SDKs and developer support so that is your best bet. The Wacom Cintiq Companion features the same technology but it might be a less physically robust solution. All other tablet PCs only feature pressure sensitivity without tilt and rotation sensitivity.

Druid and Jawad Chughtai like this.
  3. Jawad Chughtai

Jawad Chughtai Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your kind response.

4. i2000s

i2000s Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a researcher as well. As said above, a Wacom pen is a good thing to have. I prefer to have the 2-in-1 Thinkpad Yoga series on my list -- for the performance, flexibility and durability. They also have the Mixx 700 business tablet and thinkpad X1 tablet to release soon. But my friends have been using their tablets (8&10, I used tablet 2) and Helix. Maybe you have specific requirements...

I have used Sumsung devices, and then switched to Lenovo thinkpad series without any regrets. My X61 tablet has been used for 9 years, and was hit by a big book falling off from a bookshelf on the screen, but it is still working! The legacy goes with X31 tablet, X200 tablet from the old days, and then Tablet 2 for note taking.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016