Looking for pic of Spectre (or Elite) x2 next to ipad air 2

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Ispcolohost, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Ispcolohost

Ispcolohost Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all, this is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone owns a Spectre or Elite X2 and an Ipad Air 2 that they could take a couple pics of so I can see the real difference in size rather than just measurements on websites? Even better if you just happen to keep it in a clamcase.

I currently travel with the Air 2 inside a Clamcase Pro keyboard shell. This makes the overall dimensions of the device: 7.3" x 9.74" and 0.74" thick. Overall weight of the two combined is about 2.3 pounds.

I've grown tired of not being able to run a few select 'desktop' apps that there are not good equivalents for in App Store land so have been considering going Windows-based tablet. It has to have LTE because work pays for the tablet & cell, so mobile hotspot on my personal phone is not an option.

This quest lead me down the path of what I think I've narrowed down to either HP Spectre (or Elite) X2, or Surface 3 (regular), since the Surface Pros don't have cell. The Surface 3 is ever so slightly larger than my clamcased-enclosed iPad, so size-wise great, but low on memory, and cpu, so I'm worried about the performance. I saw one at Best Buy, it seemed okay, but it didn't have my typical apps all running, which would be Chrome, Outlook, Excel and an SSH program. Spectre/Elite X2 seem to be a much better option from a performance perspective, but I can't find any retailers that carry them, so I have no way to see one in real life before pulling the trigger. Weight and battery life (4-5 hrs is more than sufficient) are not really a concern for me, it's just the size I'm worried about.

Thanks!

2. xader

xader Pen Pal - Newbie

Let see if this can help you
    thats the iPad Pro 9.7 vs Spectre x2

Attached Files:

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Compared to your small compact IPA2, the Spectre is a monster. The S3 is a far better option. Outlook, Excel, and Chrome is not all that demanding.

4. Ispcolohost

Ispcolohost Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks all. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Elite X2, very happy with the decision so far. I have the Verizon LTE, moved the sim from my ipad, got a case on Amazon (http://amzn.to/2e2nnIE - Pro Case 12). It was definitely a bit of work going through all the Windows 10 pains of locking it down, but really happy with things now that it's up and running. I did the Elite instead of Spectre to get the replaceable screen, fingerprint reader and old school USB port since I carry an encrypted thumb drive with me that's USB 2 and didn't want to carry a dongle too.

Here's some pics of the Elite with the ipad air 2 in its clam case to give anyone else a feel for the size difference. Obviously it's much larger, but the case having a handle actually makes it just about as portable if it's more than a few minutes of carrying since it's easier to carry the handle than palming or gripping the clam case for a long period of time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016