Looking for an EMR 2in1 laptop, Like the Concept D

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Mooni_nooni, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

Hi, Looking for a Wacom EMR laptop. I love the concept D ezel 7 unlike the D9 it fits a little more into my budget, also comes in white which I feel is aesthetically pleasing lol.
    Except I don't know much about any of the Wacom EmR laptops in the market lately, I've lost track and I'm interested in more options that are under $2000.
    I'm looking for something that has Wacom EMR ( maybe touch too) and is suitable for heavy graphics ( 3D art, Gaming).
    I would NEVER settle for anything that is Wacom AES or Ntrig or Apple pencil EVER again. Nothing to me beats Wacom EMR.
    I was willing to throw my money at the concept D 9 but I barely earn $8000 a year.
    I also buy from afar, I buy online from the USA and ship it to my location so NO returns which makes me itchy wanting to buy something that's over $2000.
    So I want I know what options are in the market, I truly believe the EZel 7 it terms of desgin is unbeatable ( I don't like thick bezels ) but I have to be cautious.

( I prefer Windows OS, battery life not less than 3 hours, Size 14 inches or more, refurbished or New unless used in MINT condition)

(Note: If I can't get Wacom EmR at the right price, would getting the concept D ezel with AES will be an okay option, since I could just use my trusty normal graphic tablet instead and switch between the two, The best reccomend option with great color gamut and GPU recommendations will be accepted around $1400. This part of the market can come with too many options to decide)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as new computers go, there aren't a whole lot of other options aside from the Samsung Flex line that includes Wacom EMR and Nvidia MX GPUs.

If you're looking for something well under budget, a Samsung 9 Pro (make sure it is version with Wacom EMR) is a good value, and it has a Radeon GPU.

Aside from the ConceptD line, I don't know of anything else that has higher end GPUs for heavy graphics with EMR. I'd say all the Samsung offerings have light to moderate graphics capability.

I needed something that handles heavy graphics (3D animation), and was not willing to splurge for a ConceptD. I actually repeatedly use my Galaxy Note 8 phone which has Wacom EMR, attached to my gaming laptop via an Android app called SuperDisplay, which makes the phone work like a Wacom Cintiq because it relays the EMR pen input. To me, that is the cheapest solution for an EMR and high end GPU mobile workstation. Instead of a 6" phone screen, you can upgrade to a 10" tablet using a Samsung Tab 6 Lite (~$250 USD).

Marty likes this.
  3. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

You're right, Besides Samsung there isn't anything modern on the market with EMR and a decent GPU. Samsung is gorgeous and sleek and light I won't deny that. Makes it better for portability. I actually have a tab S6 lite already and use it as a normal graphic tablet with virtual Spen. ( Lags a lot of Krita ,great with clip) I specifically use;. Photoshop and Paintstorm and Corel painter. I use the S6 lite for comic work. But I specifically need a laptop replacement ready to used for drawing anytime. I'm desperate to away from Wacom AES but I feel like the Form factor of the EZel is waaay to good to skip, but the extra $1000 for EMR and the extra expenses and risk makes it so so difficult to choose. The only option I don't have is using an external graphic display if that option for me was available I'd just get the most affordable, gaming laptop with a good screen.

I'm wondering if anything new is coming into the market that might be worth the wait?

I heard a couple of complaints about eh EZel 3 screen quality? Anything on that?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The rumoured new Galaxy Book Pros may come with OLED, high-refresh and either Tiger Lake or Nvidia MX GPUs. Should be suitable for light-to-medium 2D/3D graphics workloads.

For the heavy stuff, the ConceptD 7 Ezel or 9 are looking to be the only game in town for EMR.

Mooni_nooni likes this.