Looking for an Android tablet

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by thepacster, Nov 12, 2012.

1. thepacster

thepacster Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello there everyone.

After much duress I was finally able to replace my Laptop, but now I'm looking to buy my very first tablet. The only problem is I haven't the slightest idea where to start looking.

The only requirements I really have are that it runs Android OS (for the apps I intend to use) and that SD cards of some sort can be used with it.

I plan to use it mainly for studying with a few apps as well as for work, but they're nothing one could consider intensive so it wouldn't have to be a high spec tablet.

In terms of budget the ideal price would be around $250, but that's about it. I don't know if there are any good Android tablets around the price range, but if anyone has a suggestion it's more than welcome. :)

2. Merlin_AZ

Merlin_AZ Scribbler - Standard Member

If you happen to live in the Phoenix area, I'm selling mine on Craigslist.

3. thepacster

thepacster Pen Pal - Newbie

There doesn't seem to be an edit function, so I apologize for this not being in the first post. (oversight from browsing at 1 in the morning)

General Questions.

1. What is your budget?

$250 (20000 JPY)

2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?

Wouldn't mind.

3. Do you prefer a media/mobile tablet like the iPad, Windows tablet PC, or notebook convertible?

No preference.

4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?

10 inches or less.

5. Which country do you intent to purchase from [where do you live]?

Japan

6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?

No preference.

7. How many hours battery life do you require?

No preference for battery life.

8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)

Studying, notetaking.

9. Do you have an OS preference? For example, do you own an iPhone and a Mac, or are you a Windows fan? Do you own an Android device and use Google services frequently?

Android.

10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)

Dictionary applications, EB Pocket Professional

11. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.

No.

12. Would you like to stream content through your home theater system?

No.

Screen Specifics

1. Any preference on screen resolution?

No Preference.

2. Will you be using the tablet outdoors? Do you need to be able to see it through glare from the sun?

Most likely no.

3. Do you require a pen? With or without pressure sensitivity? Do you prefer Wacom or N-trig?

No pen required.

Component Specifics

1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require? Would you like expandable memory?

Prefer expandable memory.

2. What sort of inputs do you require, if any? Would you like full-sized USB and SD card slots? Are microUSB and microSD ok? Do you require HDMI inputs?

Any form of USB or SD input is fine.

Misc
    1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?

2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?