Looking for a pen stylus compatible tablet for drawing

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Val, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Val

Val Pen Pal - Newbie

I literally only need this for digital cartooning line work. Everything else I need to do, coloring, shading, etc, can be accomplished once I have digital outlines.

Those drawing pads you can't see what you're doing on are freakin stupid. I need to see what my pen does AT the TIP of the pen. I'm looking for something cheap just to get my lines on digits and transfer to my PC for editing, but anything I've been recommended thus far has crap reviews.

Anything in the Lenovo/Asus/Acer/Amazon family of tablets (I hate Samsung and Apple) a couple years old coming in at $150 or less that is compatible with a pen type stylus, NOT one of those goofy big nipple tip type stylus?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Lenovo x220T/x230T?
    Lenovo Helix 1 or 2?

3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

If you got the space, I second the used Cintiq.

5. 2blackbar

2blackbar Pen Pal - Newbie

Dont recommend him something under HD, i have fujitsu t902 and im animating on it, its 1600x900 and had 1280x600 with lenovo 230T previously, it is a difference to have higher resolutions, i do recommend t902 but if you have a chance look for 1920x1080 minimum
    Also those nonscreen tablets arent that stupid, you know when you draw onscreen then youre covering line with your stylus, its not exactly superthin so you dont see everything that great.
    Also pressure sensitivity is a bit overrated, if tablet supports any stylus its ok for drawing and animating, ive done some of my best drawings on regular smartphone without pressure and i struggle sometimes to remember which one was done on t902 and which one was from LG G3
    As you know with inking you can have like 3 widths of line, and it can be done even on cheap android tablets