Looking for a old Wacom EMR device with large display, for drawing.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by anguscoleman, May 27, 2019.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

1.) I installed a custom one from Photodon on mine. I ordered a few at the time but have stuck with the one I bought so far as it's been great. I don't think it needs it especially on a machine as old as this you probably aren't going to resell, --the exception would be if you use the felt nibs, there is a chance you can get a speck of sharp dust stuck in the felt tip and then scratch your screen. If you really want one, let me know I can go dig around for mine and if shipping isn't too bad to Germany I can give you my spares, doubt I'll ever use them.

2.) Can you show us the link to these? I didn't know anyone made modular batteries for the T902 other than the official ones by Fujitsu... if so, probably worth a shot yeah. The modular bay battery is otherwise quite expensive but does add a couple hours to the battery life! SSD should be your top priority upgrade if you haven't already though!

Let us know how you get a long with it! Interested to hear how you find it for your needs now. It still manages impress my artist friends even so long after its release.

2. anguscoleman

anguscoleman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Stone, thank you for your kindness, I intend to use only the default pen with default nib, nonetheless I ordered a Atfolix film (about 18 bucks) that I use also on my other devices. I will check if it does not compromise the sensitivity of the pen. Otherwise I will go flat with no film. But thank you so much for your offer.
    About the t902: it is in very good condition and aestetichally it is still beautiful. Well, a lot thick, of course, but just that. About the functionality: I already used a lot Emr technology and it confirms as the best. Just a couple of odd things I hit: sometimes when I draw on PS, the cursor behave funny. It moves in a circle, or goes quickly from right to left and back, then it repositions itself correctly. It lasts a moment and brings no unwanted lines. It is just a slight nuisance. I have read in posts of many years ago, by you also, about a glitch that afflicts the device, and maybe I have the same issue too. Windows 10 did not fix it, I guess.
    Second nuisance is with Artist Pad of Tablet Pro. Don't know if you use it too, but it behaves strange: if I put its digital keyboard over the PS interface, its buttons do not respond and when I click on a PS button, Artist Pad goes under PS and stays there. The only way to use it together with PS, seems to be keeping Artist Pad on one side, and PS beside. Never had this issue before. Not with the same app on windows 10 with Cube i7 stylus, neither with paintdock and windows 7 on my old ep121. In both cases, the virtual keyboards maintained the upper level without affecting the use of drawing softwares.
    Finally the chinese battery. Here it is one of the many links:
    https://www.ebay.it/itm/FMVNBT33-Ba...584066?hash=item3b37a44982:g:RnAAAOSwhwpdXQQn

Well, thank you again. Let me know your impressions on the various issues. Bye :)

Angelo

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey Angelo, yes the drawing glitch is I think a hardware interference or firmware issue, but no one was ever able to confirm one way or another what caused it but I did find a workaround if you never want to encounter it. The solution was to not have any skin touching the screen at the same time as your pen, regardless of whether the touch function was turned off or on. So I used a thicker drawing glove (stitched a piece of fabric to the side of the hand that rested on the screen) to block that interference and it stopped being an issue. As soon as I go back to drawing without the glove I see the issue crop up every half hour or so during drawing, though sometimes it wouldn't happen for an hour or so and other times it would happen 5 times in 5 minutes. Oddly, I have seen this same glitch happen occasionally on other EMR devices and even my cintiq/desktop once or twice, but just not nearly as consistently or as much as it does on the T902.
    I don't use tablet pro or artist pad, so I can't be of help there.

That battery you've linked to looks legit. I'm curious to see, might be worth ordering it.

4. boombyte

boombyte Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a T5010 few years ago. And the pen glitches was present also. So I think it's a Wacom (in laptops) problem.