Looking for a case with built in bluetooth keyboard for the EP 121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by h2o, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2o

h2o Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems that no matter how deep I search online, I cannot find a case and bluetooth keyboard combo that fits a 12.1 inch tablet PC such as the ASUS. I understand that this tablet comes with both, but I am looking for a set that is compact and allows me to use the tablet more like a laptop when needed. If anybody can lead me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

There's nothing perfect for the EP121 size, as far as I know. See if you can find something tolerable on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. h2o

h2o Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the link.

After going through that thread, the closest thing I can find that might somewhat work is the KeyFolio Expert Folio K39532US. A forum member posted detailed pictures of his Samsung 7 Slate with the case. The EP121 is bigger so it will be an even more imperfect fit though.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/50277-kensington-keyfolio-expert-case-not-perfect-but-very-good.html#post281417

4. Roobuls

Roobuls Pen Pal - Newbie

Kensington.JPG

This Kensington case looks excellent.

It acts as a stand and has the keyboard built into the cover like the future Microsoft Surface Tablets.

Too bad they are designed for a 10" tablet and not the EP121 which is a 12" tablet.

Does anyone know if 12" EP121 would fit into this?

I don't mind if the edges stick out a little bit. I am most excited about the built in stand and keyboard.

:(

5. h2o

h2o Pen Pal - Newbie

You know I was thinking of selling my EP 121 for the Microsoft Surface Pro when it comes it because of the Full HD screen which is important to me. However, the Surface Pro is only 10.6 inches which I find to be a huge disadvantage. For me, the the 12.1 inch form factor is perfect for productivity and I can't settle for anything smaller. It is just unfortnuate that there is a lack of accessories available for this size.

6. Roobuls

Roobuls Pen Pal - Newbie

Something like the Kensington Keyfolio would be perfect for the EP121.

It would be as good as a the Microsoft Surface in many ways but with the advantage of the bigger 12" screen.

Is there any way we can get Kensington to make one for us??

7. h2o

h2o Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an update. I bought the Kensington Expert Folio case discussed above and I have to say that it is NOT a solution at all. I knew the length would be too wide and I expected an imperfect fit.

The major problem is that the case won't even close due to the height and thickness of the tablet:

[​IMG]

The tablet is about 1 3/8 longer than the case as shown here:
    [​IMG]

This is how the tablet looks centered in the case:

[​IMG]

Aside from those tablet-specific issues I really didn't like the feel of the keyboard. I have small hands and the keyboard still felt too small and cramped and the keys felt cheap when pressed. I'm sure I could have kept this case for my iPad if it didn't cost me $75. Unfortunately, I'm going to return it. Hopefully, this Amazon seller will offer a quick and hassle free return.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. AlunReynolds

AlunReynolds Scribbler - Standard Member

I think the problem is that, bearing in mind the necessary thickness for any useable keyboard, any case with one integrated is going to be very bulky. I use my slate with a small keyboard and mouse combo, on a cradle when I am in the office. Out and about, I have sometimes carried them with me. But mostly I use handwriting when on the move. I have searched the net for a useable case keyboard combo, but there just isn't one.

I found the provided folio case too bulky. And it hid the elegant styling of the slate. So its a pity nobody has designed a better solution. I gues that is because there are not enough EP121's on the marke to make the tooling worthwhile.##

9. ceravnch

ceravnch Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I just came here in order to report my findings in regard to cases with built in keyboards for the EP 121.

I'm glad to say that i found a suitable case, this is the product i bought: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is wholesale 11.6 inch tablet PC leather casing bluetooth keyboard case for window 7 / 8 tablet PC MID free shipping

[​IMG]

And here are some more photos that show how well it fits: EP 121 Case with Keyboard - Imgur

It's uncertain weather or not the product will be available by the time you are looking for it, in case it is not, you can find some more options by searching "case keyboard tablet 11.6'' " in alibaba.com or aliexpress.com.

Sorry for resurrecting the thread but it might be worth it for whose, who like me, thought that there was no suitable cases for the EP 121.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. J-Bizzle

J-Bizzle Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry for resurrecting the thread but it might be worth it for whose, who like me, thought that there was no suitable cases for the EP 121.[/QUOTE]

Don't be... I just stumbled across this post cuz I am sick of toting my EP121 around separate from keyboard.

Thank you I am going to get this...

BTW... For those that may not know... I loaded Windows 8 onto my EP121 and not only did it free up a TON of hard drive space but it also runs much faster without the fan kicking in. Additionally, battery life increased by 50%... If you haven't, you should do the same..

Again, thanks for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.