Looking for 1st tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brian, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can get an external optical drive...are you sure you really need it? I find that I use mine once a month at best, and that's usually for watching movies.

2. bellis

bellis Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, many agents have clients sign listing agreements or contracts on the tablet and e-mail on the spot. It's a wow factor and efficient, except for a customer who wants to read every line. I thought about bringing blank contracts if they want to read fine language and have them sign, however my staff prepares each one and we'd have to off-load onto Tablet for every appt, even though Tablet would be with me. I get way too much e-mail each day to e-mail them as I'd have to sort through too much and wait to download all that e-mail.

But, it is doable and agents are doing it.

3. red_snapper

red_snapper Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry, how much faster is the HP compared to the IBM? When can you tell the difference? Starting up, opening apps,general feel, etc? Will you have performance ratings soon? The X41 has a slower HD and a slightly slower chip, but how that translate to real life performance is what is important. I think a lot of us would be very interested in seeing this.

4. Brian

Right, but an optical drive still might be best for that. A USB key is much smaller and has plenty of capacity, more than a CD in fact.

5. ffmedic12

ffmedic12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info, are you using a tablet now? Anyone your recommend?
    Also my contracts are on PDF files that are downloaded from the internet. Can the customer sign on them and then email them the contract or print it right out?

Thanks

Jim

6. ffmedic12

HP TC4200 or Toshiba m200 or Toshiba Tecra.

Wahts your view on the 3.

7. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Red, the TC4200 is definately faster at booting and the "general feel" is a much speedier machine. If you are worried about having a zippy tablet, I would choose the HP hands down. If you really want a super lightweight, compact machine without too much emphasis on speed, then go IBM.

Barry

8. Brian

I like the newer hardware of the tc4200 and its good build quality and light overall package.

9. ffmedic12

Have you looked at the red tablet ? I spoke with them yesterday and it sounds great but expensive. They use a Motion 1400 with software.

http://www.vreo.com/solutions/redtablet.aspx

10. bellis

bellis Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't switched to Tablet just yet as I've never been one to compromise. The Tablets have just about made a believer out of me now and I'm ready to jump in. You can download as PDF and then have clients sign and initial wherever you want using software on the tablet. Then save again as a PDF and e-mail back directly to other agent, client, office, etc, or plug-in and fax on the spot.

From all the reveiws I've read, the HP TC 4200 seems awfully hard to beat, and I've waited a few weeks now for someone to do it.