Long press on touchscreen not working sporadically?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spinedoc77, Jul 1, 2018.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This seems to be a recent issue, not sure if it's an issue with my setup or if something changed otherwise. When on certain websites I find I cannot touch long press to right click anymore, for example if I want to right click on a link to get a menu to open a new window. This happens on a 2017 surface pro and happens on Chrome and MS Edge in the same sites.

I've ensured that in control panel, Pen and Touch that long press is enabled and tied to right click. Long press works perfectly in the rest of the OS, such as in windows explorer and other apps.

With some further testing it seems like this is intermittent, one website may work just fine for a bit but then later on longpress doesn't work. I don't think it's the website, as I'm not getting the square box that should pop up when long press is registered. I also don't think it's an issue with hardware, as I can long press anywhere on the screen successfully in non browser apps. It seems the issue is with the web browsers and windows itself.

In fact I can actually have a website that longpress doesn't work on, open a new Edge window and open the same website and long press works in that new window! I'm currently doing this right now with tabletpcreview.com as I'm writing this.

Has anyone else seen this?