Lock Taskbar?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by dgrahamr, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dgrahamr

dgrahamr Pen Pal - Newbie

When I ink on my x201 tablet, the x201 does a generally good job of rejecting my palm. But sometimes strokes against the taskbar cause popups, which disrupts my writing. Is there any way to "lock" the taskbar, so it isn't reactive when in writing mode? Or perhaps to get rid of it altogether?

2. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

RMB the task bar and tell us what are the settings you are using.

And what kind of popups? The small icon of an already opened app, notifications or something else?

In the Control Panel there is a 'Ease of Access' icon, there is a sub-category called "Make it easier to focus on tasks" that has most of the timer settings.

3. HoodatWhatzit

HoodatWhatzit Pen Pal - Newbie

You can lock the taskbar by right-clicking and selecting the Lock Taskbar command. However, a better solution might be to move the location of the taskbar depending on the orientation you prefer to use when in table mode.

I move my taskbar to the top of the window when I am in tablet mode. I was suprised at how quickly I got used to looking up instead of down. :) In fact, I got so used to it on the tablet that I found myself trying to access my Start menu at the top of my desktop computer as well.

To change the location of the taskbar, right-click and select Properties and you have the option of changing the location to the Bottom, Left, Right, or Top.