Loading music on Venue 8 pro

Discussion in 'Dell' started by pistolpete, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pistolpete

pistolpete Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like my 8 pro but need a little help with it. I have 2 pc's that both have Windows 7. I normally just load music from 1 pc onto a usb stick and then plug into the other pc and download from the usb. I tried doing this onto the tablet but it doesn't seem to load into the music folder. I have the right cable, micro usb. I can listen to the songs while the stick is plugged in but cant seem to put the songs on the tablet. can someone tell me the correct procedure to take songs from a stick and put on the tablet? I find some difficulty with the windows 8 OS. thanking you in advance....

2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And you have tried the Windows Exploere on the Desktop?
    It is exactly the same as on W7.

3. pistolpete

yes I did. the usb drive shows and will show all the songs when I open it but how do I get them off the drive into the music folder. it doesn't seem to work when I drag the Lexar drive icon into the music folder. I'm not too literate with this as you can see....

4. 11orpeunevlled

11orpeunevlled Pen Pal - Newbie

5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@pistolpete:
    What software do you use for listening?

6. pistolpete

I just use what came on the tablet either the msic folder on the tile menu or media player. I even tried to add the songs to media player as playlist, it shows the songs were added, as soon as I remove the stick it says that the songs cant be found and there is nothing in the playlist?

7. nerdteddy

nerdteddy Scribbler - Standard Member

The reason that it fails when you drag your Lexar drive icon into the music folder is probably because you don't have enough disk space in your DV8P main drive to copy your entire music library from your USB drive to DV8P's main drive.

Fortunately, you can install a micro SD memory card to expand the memory space on your DV8P. Purchase one, the larger the better. At minimum, it has to be equal or larger than your Lexar USB drive.

Pry open the cover of the MicroSD slot on your Venue 8 Pro. Slide the card into the slot and put the cover back on.

Next, you'll need to follow the instructions in this article on how to create a library of Music, Pictures and Videos on your micro SD Card.

How To: MicroSD to Windows RT Music, Picture, Video Library | Rashed Talukder's Blog

Lastly, you can then copy your music from your Lexar USB drive into the Music library on your Venue 8 Pro which has been expanded and relocated to the MicroSD card.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. pistolpete

I will give that a try but there is a lot of room on the hard drive left and only 500 or so songs on the Lexar drive. I have to be doing something wrong

9. Rebeljuice

Rebeljuice Pen Pal - Newbie

You said that in Explorer you selected the drive and tried to drag it over to your music folder. I think by trying to drag the drive over you are asking Windows to relocate the entire drive which it wont do. Instead, go into the flash drive from within Explorer, select all the songs and then drag the songs over to your music folder. The songs should copy over no problem (provided you have space). But you cant drag the whole drive over.

10. pistolpete

That worked Rebeljuice....many thanx to all for the help...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.