List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I was responding to the x230t question.

2. corecomps

corecomps OSX86 User

This is an amazing list! Is there a similar list but for laptops that have touch screen only (no digitizer)? I would love a digitizer but I can't justify the price and fairly small number of options it provides with all the other specs I'm looking at:

4th gen intel
    1080p or higher res
    11-13" screen
    docking station cable (even a solid usb 3.0 option is okay)
    capable of driving it's own monitor + two external 1080p.

I thought I found my perfect solution in the Thinkpad Yoga but it came broken and frankly the huge bezel around for the beautiful 12.5" screen is a bit off-putting.

Any thoughts links or advice would be helpful.

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Glad you like it! Too bad the Yoga was broken, seems like a really nice if somewhat heavy machine. Battery life also seems better than the initial numbers reported by Lenovo. The bezel doesn't look too excessive except on the side of the hinges, but if it bothers you I guess it's got to go! :)

Not sure about a touch laptop list, that could end up being quite long. I personally liked the look of the Lenovo X1 carbon touch, although that's not going to be cheap either.. Smaller bezel, but no tablet mode.

[​IMG]

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Pretty much any computer online shop allows you to filter by specifications. The reason this list exists is that most shops don't filter by digitizer since it's a rather niche market. For example Newegg lets you filter by your specifications.

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really hoping the new dual-boot tablet teased by Asus is wacom enabled.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Joe that bezel doesn't look that bad(though haven't seen one in person yet), but compare the dimensions to the 13.3in Yoga Pro 2. Lenovo could have easily fit a 13.1/3 in display in that chassis.

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Just to make sure, that picture I posted was the X1 touch, not the TP yoga. But agreed, they could have done better on the Yoga with a smaller bezel, especially near the hinges.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

From Sharp's Mebius Pad product page:

You can Google-translate that. It's a very sensitive touch-panel and a thin-tipped touch pen -- "electrostatic", while active pens are called "electromagnetic". Still, it looks like the best touch-pen I've even seen. These days touchscreens are accurate enough to allow proper pen use. If Sharp's touch technology is as accurate as the digitizer technology of N-trig, Wacom, and UC-Logic, they might be able to cut out the middleman and make pen-enabled devices of their own.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The problem with Japanese makers is that they want to implement as many proprietary solutions as possible locking consumers into their and only their products. This is why they have lost so much market share to the Korean producers.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

10. nicopizza

nicopizza Pen Pal - Newbie

Stylistic Q584 has a starting point price: US$ 879,00
    not high as expected, but still very high for an Atom processor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.