List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Wacom can be less accurate, but I don't think it is less precise. The distinction is important. You can train yourself to adjust for the accuracy, but you can't with precision. With Wacom you just need to pay attention to where the hover cursor is instead of the pen tip. It is probably also worth cautioning that the new ntrig digitizers in the newer Sony devices have been reported to be dramatically improved over previous generations, and I don't believe I've heard anyone express those were better than Wacom for note taking. Also, I know of a few note takers who have tried the Sony's and still prefer Wacom; however, I haven't tried them myself, so the "try these your devices yourself" advise is probably a good idea, since opinions evidently differ on this.

2. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

You're right, I used the wrong word. I understand the difference between them, and I think that while precision is vital, also accuracy is quite important while note taking, when the last thing you want to think about is if to write above or below where you want the text to appear.

I've read from those who still prefer Wacom too. It's such a shame it's so difficult where I live to try some Tablet PCs. The stores in my zone have only the Surface Pro (nothing from Sony), and none of them have the stylus for test.

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There are no stores in my area, Big Island, Hawaii, that carry any tablets. How I would wish some place would carry even the Pro 2 so we could have a few seconds at least of hands on. I am in Florida right now and did get to go the the Microsoft Store and Best Buy and it was neat to see all the displays. I am in the middle of a fiasco with Best Buy... I will spare everyone the details...but I will never do business with them again. And I make this statement days after my multiple incidents with them..so I am not emotionally overwrought...just resolved. My beef is not with the employees...only their system.

But it is nice to actually try something this expensive before buying.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To try to settle the Wacom vs. N-Trig issue for myself, I just picked up a Sony Vaio Flip 15A to compare with the Surface Pro 2. I'll post my findings in the next few days, but in the meantime, I posted several unboxing pics with my first impressions. Bottom line: the screen is HUGE compared to the Surface Pro's and the fans are LOUD. Sony Vaio Flip 15A Unboxing — Surface Pro Artist

internalaudit and ATIVQ like this.
  5. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@razmaniac, I'd like to re-post your review on the SurfaceProArtist blog. Please PM me.

6. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Do you think you can add a section for devices in the pipe line(prototypes and what have you) and update when more info it comes out?

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You mean like the Ativ Q? :) I've pretty much anything I've seen announced, are there specific prototypes missing?

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

The one I have in mind is the Vaio Flip 11, which was showed off and mentioned twice in Sony video on youtube. All is known is that it's suppose to come out some time early 2014, and will have a quad core cpu option, and of course digitizer support(where the pen is optional) like the rest of the Flip line. But, I am sure there is another device or two that was shown off and in the prototype phase? Anyone else want to chime in?

9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Haven't seen that one, do you have a link to the video? Searching for Vaio Flip 11 leads to a ton of videos about tap 11 and the flip models.. Well and this one, but that's more of a metaphor for people trying to ink on the Venue Pro 8.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

...How the heck is the floor not covered in blood? That guy must have a really tough skin.

Anyway, here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnlU0Qui0LY
    They talk about the Flip 11 at about 3:06

Other than that, the only information we have about it is this:
    SONY VAIO FIT 11A MULTI-FLIP PC 11.6 POLLICI CON INTEL CELERON QUAD-CORE
    (Google translate from Notebook Italia)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    bloodycape and JoeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.