List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

If you go to the excel sheet and look in one of the last columns, you'll see a list of ports on the slates themselves. 2xUSB3 means two usb3 ports.

2. JoeS

About the Mebius Pad, I was not able to figure out if it had an active digitizer. The various online translations were kind of ambiguous.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. alistair

alistair Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I understand that the Samsung Ativ 500T comes in two version - one with a stylus, and one without.

If I bought a second hand non-stylus version, but had a Wacom stylus from my Surface Pro... would it work on the Ativ? I would assume so if the screen technology is no different, but it's just sold without the stylus, right?

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

With Wacom pen technology significant parts of the digitizer technology are in the screen, and this tech adds significant cost to the device, so I'm fairly sure the versions sold without Stylus don't have the same screen technology. This would increase the device cost too much unnecessarily. I think the OP is a 500T owner himself, so I think he will have a more solid answer for you, but I'm fairly confident your surface pen will not work on the non-stylus version.

5. JoeS

I think that's right, if you buy a version without the pen slot (Canadian version, AT&T version) it will not have the digitizer layer, so a Wacom pen wouldn't work on it.

6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Ultrabooks are nice, but I'd really like some hybrids with end-user serviceable parts, like the battery, RAM, and harddrive. It's nice to see the T904 has a removable battery. I'm sure a lot of computer enthusiasts will happily exchange the slim form factor for something they can upgrade by themselves.

7. dahamsta

dahamsta Pen Pal - Newbie

Shouldn't the Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 Pro be in this? Also possibly the older Yoga.

8. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

They don't have a digitizer to support an active stylus.

9. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Review of the Tap 11 is out. It's a near perfect device for me, but the battery life, and keyboard quirk(ie how it charges) are a no. Also, Sony is generally known for throwing every port into small devices(my Vaio TT, an 11" notebook had 2 usb, a full size SD, Sony memory stick slot, express card slot, full size HDMI, and Ethernet port), so it's a shame to see its a microSD slot vs a full size SD. http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/6/5051452/sony-vaio-tap-11-review

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    Clerish likes this.
  10. JoeS

Thanks for the heads up. Let me try to get over my The Verge antipathy and read the whole thing..

Edit: no big surprises here. Awkward aspect ratio (kind of valid), pen holder is an afterthought, detached keyboard prevents lap use, keyboard is a little mushy. Otherwise they seem fairly positive.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.