List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Done. I was using my 500T, so lateral resolution cuts off the image at about 750 pixels. All the more reason for people to go check out the full table.

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think that becomes a bit hard, since some manufacture websites don't mention it, and you almost need to go into person to see the screen.

3. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

I need to correct that the Fujitsu T904 doesn't have a USB2 port. The german product-page mentioned 3 usb ports but the now released product pictures only show 2 USB3 ports.
    And it has a pen-silo :)

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Awesome, thanks! Updated.

5. bloodycape

Is it me or has anyone noticed we really haven't gotten 1:1 successors to the IB models. Like the T902 was replaced with an ULV Haswell model, the Duo 11 hasn't seen an update)despite a Duo 13 with haswell being out since summer), and so forth. Is there like a reason for this. Are manufactures waiting for the next get to bring up updated models, vs now where we are seeing tweaking models(either in size, or class of device)?

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I think it has more to do with the OEMs looking for a model that will sell, the TabletPC market that we all adore didn't catch on, Intel has promised higher margins and marketing money for OEMs to pursue Ultrabooks and Ultrabook Hybrids (removing the TabletPC from the brand). To be an Ultrabook it needs to follow a specification put out by Intel on what an Ultrabook is, part of that is the CPU, the GPU, the WLAN, battery specs and even size. That is the market driver the OEMs are trying to pursue.

7. bloodycape

But, then what is stopping someone like Sony from bring out a Haswell version of the Duo 11? The Duo 13 on their site as an ultrabook. *I am not sure how others are marketing the tablets, but this is the first models that came to the top of my head.

8. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

13.1 is the most popular screen size for an Ultrabook, many have dropped their 11" models during the Haswell wave.

9. peterero

peterero Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I can tell, the table is pretty much up to date apart from one omission, the Sharp mebius pad running with a QHD screen running on baytrail

10. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

Which one of these models come with two usb ports on the tablet itself(the actual tablet and not just with the dock). I know the Q702 does, but does the Q704 offer it? Any other models with two usb? Makes no difference if one is usb3 or both are, I just need two usb ports on the tablet itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.