List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clerish

Clerish Pen Pal - Newbie

The Tap 11 has a Haswell Y too, you could try looking for reviews of that one.

Toad likes this.
  2. quadpatch

quadpatch Pen Pal - Newbie

Yay! The pen information is very welcome, but I get the impression that we have to take it with a large pinch of salt. I mean I believe them about the Photoshop support. Even though it will mean you'll have to be a CC customer to get it. Since Adobe like adding support ONLY for their latest software, but it's the blanket statement about 'other' software that makes me very dubious. Unless there is some kind of miraculous Wintab driver for NTrig all of a sudden then this situation will not change. I really wish it will because I have ordered the Flip 13A, but for now I don't want to get too excited. I will let you guys know as soon as I get it which software it truly supports. I put my order for the Flip just over a week ago now, no sign of it being shipped out yet though... come on Sony I want my new toy!! :)

3. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That is honestly pretty tempting. I guess It depends on price. I'm not adverse to N-Trig, but Y is getting pretty close to Atom, and Atoms are just so much cheaper.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

From the CNet review: comparison shot of the Tap 11 and the Surface Pro 2. I think you can guess which one is which.

[​IMG]

Clerish likes this.
  5. Toad

Toad Pen Pal - Newbie

You´re absolutely right. I overlooked that one. Thanks for pointing that out! That is a very interesting comparison and nice timing too because full reviews of the Tap 11 are starting to trickle in this week. A quick scan of the benchmarks does indeed seem to indicate that you´re giving up quite a bit of performance with a Haswell Core i5 Y versus U. Something to consider when deciding to wait for the XPS 11 or not.

6. JoeS

7. Zeelobby

I definitely like the Sony much more as far as aesthetics go. If only it wasn't so expensively priced, with mediocre battery life, and less performance.

8. JoeS

Don't forget 'and with a narrow kickstand and always detached keyboard'. I'm beginning to realize that I'm impossible to please..

9. Zeelobby

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think base price with the Haswell based Pentium cpu is $800, and that includes the pen(though no keyboard). I think that is a fair price considering the rest of the specs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.