List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Fujitsu also has the q552 which is using the current dual core atom cpu, could get some idea based off that?

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

@hanexs, I'm in the same boat. For now I'm looking for a super light 'second device' for annotation and distraction. An RT slate with Wacom would have been perfect for that, I wouldn't even need a dock. For now I'm keeping an eye out for he ThinkPad tablet 2. I especially like that it's 0.2 lbs lighter than my iPad 1. If the performance is OK, that will likely be the one I get.

3. hanexs

hanexs Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe... an RT tablet without a stylus but WITH onenote would still be pretty good. Ive always liked onenote, synch all my notes and work without hassling about files until im ready to publish. Perhaps a rt tablet that could add/view to it might be sufficient.

Or maybe I should just buy the Note 10.1 and just return it in a month lol

4. hanexs

hanexs Pen Pal - Newbie

Im beggining to think an RT version at a 200-300 price may be worth it even without stylus. You can still annotate (badly) in onenote, synch all your docs, probably have skype too. Lots of advantages.

5. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, all of those prices sound way too high. And honestly, I can't believe they're actually planning on bringing the TaiChi concept to market. It's a neat idea, but seems completely ridiculous for actual use.

7. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I don't know, the TaiChi has the same dimensions has their UX series of Ultrabooks and has an Active Digitizer (n-trig) and 10 Finger Touch, both screens are 1080p, Core i7 IvyBridge and HD4000 GPU, it seems to be one of the better Hybrid Designs that keeps the keyboard on the device, holding a closed Ultrabook is much lighter and easier than say a X230T or Fujitsu T902...

The drawback is the use of n-trig as the digitizer....

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Except you're paying double in price and weight for a second screen that you'll never be using at the same time, and you get none of the protective benefits of a laptop form factor (screen on the inside, protected from damage) and none of the slate-only/hybrid benefits like a lighter design that doesn't always have to have a keyboard attached.

Seems like there's only downsides to me. Unless maybe you have your sights on playing some killer games of Battleship on the thing. ;)

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  10. bigsnack

bigsnack Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there like a page, graph, or image that compares all the features of these tablets, like what ports, screen and such come on the tablet, then if it comes with a keyboard dock, what features does the dock offer? Thankies.