List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not to mention full Wacom EMR, and dual boot shared storage Windows/Android. It really was my dream system. I keep wondering if maybe the 12" windows 10 tablet they're bringing next year will be a rebirth. I think I'd cry.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

*Reads the Wikipedia article and upon ending with the "See also" section ("Vaporware"), weeps.* Why? They should have just scrapped Android and released the darned thing without it. This would have been the ultimate computer and maybe pushed the competition to also make some killer tablets sooner than they did. I really believe the PC makers have all been too slow releasing competitive products because none of them has really tried to stand out.

As an aside, I got to demo on two occasions the iPad Pro and, boy, it was buggy as all get out on the first go. There was apparently a firmware issue with the battery where it would show 100% and then drop down to 1% and restart intermittently. Once they updated it, it has not had any issues but man, was that thing acting up. Maybe it was just that particular demo unit, but it has been working fine ever since. And people say the Surface Pro 4 was a buggy mess when it was released, but Apple is not innocent, either.

3. Windchimes

Windchimes Pen Pal - Newbie

My asus vivotab has had a short circuit and I'm looking for a temporary replacement till the tpy 460 comes out.
    At the time I was purchasing my vivotab I was considering a Samsung Ativ 500T. Are there any other tablets like these two that have sim slots like the Ativ?

4. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

So, is this penabled Pavilion x2 even a real thing? The comments I see here aren't that helpful, and the excel spreadsheet collapses the very different x2 12 and x2 10 into a single column, with no indicator as to which penabled tech either uses. The most recent X2 12 is shown on HP's site with a stylus that looks synaptics-ish to me, but I haven't chased down what, exactly, it is.

What about the x2 10? Any help?

5. Zeelobby

Are those Windows 10 devices? If so they're probably updated in the windows 10 thread: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/index.php?threads/67533/

6. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I've seen them running both (in several variants). I checked that thread first and didn't see anything. I'll look again.
    *edit* To be precise, I saw (and still see) a Pavillion x2 12 on the Windows 10 thread, but no x2 10. The spreadsheet for Win 10 devices also has a "?" accompanying the Pavilion x2 under the "digitizer tech" column.
    Daggone it. I am going to have to just test this out in the store some time.

7. Zeelobby

I could be wrong. But people follow that one more now, so you might get a better response. I don't know about those models, sorry.

HJK likes this.
  8. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

the pavilion x2 10 have a synaptic pen

the pavilion x2 12 have a wacom AES pen (and the pen come in the box with the core m version at 570$)

HJK likes this.
  9. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a development from the Inkling - they realised Inkling has size limitations and this limits the scale you try to work at. A lot of illustrators still produce their artwork using pen / pencils so this joins those two together. One ex student of mine uses Photoshop on a traditional Macbook to colour in and collage his hand drawn illustration work - I've seen Wacom use his work to promote pen tablets but he'll never actually use one. (pressure sensitive pen technology)
    This - he would use. (If he would open his wallet to buy one)

10. mickael28

mickael28 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I was trying to compare which of the Windows laptops have the stylus held on the screen/keyboard, but I've not managed to find the information.

I know that some Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga and Samsung ATIV keep the stylus in such a way, but do you know any other models?

Ideally, I'd prefer a laptop with fixed keyboard, 4GB Ram, 1920x1080 and holding the stylus. Failing that, maybe I can compromise on the fixed keyboard and have a tablet with keyboard instead, but wanted to compare a few models...

Many thanks!