List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

1. crashsuit

crashsuit Pen Pal - Newbie

Were you under fluorescent lighting? They can cause wavy lines on N-Trig digitizers. My R7-572 draws razor straight lines as long as I'm not under fluorescents, and it's got the same digitizer as the SP3.

twospirits likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Really? That's quite interesting.

And yeah; Box store = a few thousand fluorescent tubes all blasting away.

I'd love to try out an R7 under ideal circumstances. How does it do with penciling in Photoshop?

Vlad1214 likes this.
  3. crashsuit

crashsuit Pen Pal - Newbie

Great, as long as you install N-Trig's Wintab drivers. The accuracy and pressure sensitivity are both very good, though the pressure curve feels different than Wacom's. I don't usually need the power of Photoshop, though - I do most stuff using Sketchbook or Manga Studio. The R7 is pretty light for its size, it's much more portable-feeling than I thought it would be. It's also very quiet and stays pretty cool most of the time. Battery life is very good (except when gaming). The Ezel hinge is really useful. My only real gripe is the lack of an ethernet port, using a USB adapter has affected my online gaming a little. The pen comes seperately - I bought an HTC Flyer pen off of Amazon to use. I also immediately swapped the 6GB of RAM and 500GB platter drive for 8GB and a SSD. Windows 8.1 runs very well on it, but Windows 10 not as well - the Ezel hinge doesn't always rotate the screen, and gaming performance doesn't seem as good with the immature graphics drivers. If you have the money, there's a more expensive version of the R7-572 available outside the USA that comes with dedicated graphics. I think it's about double the price to have it shipped in, instead of buying the base model locally. I would've bought that one but I just didn't have the dough.

twospirits and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

southdunes likes this.
  5. shade69

shade69 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this information here or not but i noticed there is confusion as to which yoga 15" and 14" supports an active pen. I have found documentation that states which models support active pen for yoga 14" and 15".
    Yoga 14" model specifications:
    http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/179
    Yoga 15" model specifications:
    http://psref.lenovo.com/Product/151

Though, it appears these lists are incomplete as Rick Rodriguez at Surface Pro Artist stated that the 20DM008UUS Yoga 14" was compatible with the Active Pen as well. Currently, all the 15" that end in "US" state they do not have active pen support. On the Yoga 14" list, there are none that specifically end in US listed at all currently.

For sake of prevent of loss of information due to Lenovo retraction, I'm going to list the models below that are currently stated by Lenovo as supporting active pen.
    Yoga 14":
    20DM006Q++
    20DM008C++
    20DM008D++
    20DM008E++
    20DM008F++
    20DM008G++
    20DM009K++
    20DM009L++
    20DM009M++
    20DM009N++
    20DM009P++

Yoga 15":
    20DQ005J++
    20DQ005U++
    20DQ005V++
    20DQ005W++
    20DQ005X++
    20DQ005Y++
    20DQ0060++
    20DQ0061++
    20DQ0062++
    20DQ0063++

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Bronsky

JoeS and southdunes like this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

stormi likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

These designs are inching closer and closer to 'laptop with impractical screen propup stand', especially for users that always keep the type cover attached anyway (like myself). Anyway, more choice is always better!

[​IMG]

10. Bronsky