List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashsuit

crashsuit Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sure there are at least a couple with dedicated GPUs available. Don't Fujitsu occasionally offer models with discrete graphics? My old C140x had a dedicated GPU, and I know Acer's R7 line is available with dedicated graphics, at least outside the USA. I really wish I could've gotten the R7 572G instead of the base 572, it would've been the perfect hybrid art/gaming laptop, but it was just too expensive for me.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The only dedicated GPUs that I know of in tablets ATM are the Yoga 14 or 15, both of which are not yet shipping.

3. crashsuit

I found this thread from the January/February of this year:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/windows-tablet-with-dedicated-gpu.65552/

It lists the Yoga 14 and 15, the Vaio Flip (Fit) 15a, the R7 572G (that I also mentioned), the Nvidia Shield, and the Razer Edge Pro, though of the last two, neither has a digitizer, and one of them is an Android tablet. The Vaio 15a and R7 572G are currently available to buy. I don't know if this is a comprehensive list, though.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If you're considering old hardware like the R7 and flip, you can add the T901. But, not enough here to warrant a separate column for GPU.

5. crashsuit

Sure. Just trying to help answer the question that was asked about tablet PCs with dedicated graphics, I guess. I did think of the T901 too. If you bring in all past/discontinued models, it's probably a pretty decent list. I know the R7 line hasn't been updated with the current-gen CPUs, but they are still currently being produced and sold by Acer. I thought the Vaio Flip 15a was also currently being sold but I looked it up just now and I guess it's discontinued.

6. Survivalist

Survivalist Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear friends and TPCR team, congrats on keeping this thread up and informative. I have specific requirements and after going through this thread and very informative excel sheet, I thought better to take your guidance and collective wisdom.

I am looking for a very portable pc (tablet/laptop) with good digitizer (to use with onenote and drawings for legal/IP work mostly). Better resolution/PPI, and user replaceable battery/access to components and expandable ram (4GB min). Also I want to configure it as private/off-grid, so would like to take out radios (or else it should have no in-built wifi/GPRS/LTE/3G) but ethernet connectivity would be preferable and I want SSD say 128+GB. USB3/IR/GPS/Sensors/SD. I do not want ever connected/cloud/tracking/keyloggers and will use flash drive or ethernet for communication. It would be great if I could charge from usb 2.1A port. Currently I have HP elitebook which do not have digitizer and low res, otherwise I like HP.

Dear gurus, please guide. Thanks in anticipation.

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

We'd love to help, but it's better to fill out the form in the "what tabletPC to buy" thread where we can dedicate a whole thread to helping you find your perfect tablet.

8. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

With all those requirements (high-res, replaceable battery, ethernet, somehow configurable and accessable hardware) the only device that comes into my mind is the Fujitsu T904 / T935.

9. Survivalist

I have read reviews of both T904 /T935 (surfaceproertist's) and am not satisfied. How about HP 1011 or 612 X2 Gen 1? Please suggest.

10. Survivalist

Please guide if Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 would be a better option among these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.