List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Probably not under the NEC name though, they have quit all foreign markets to focus on domestic sales. That is why they are sold under the Lenovo name abroad. Had to confuse Lenovo's customers.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yea. You're right. And, Lenovo might not import it because it will compete with its own hardware like the Helix.

3. alistair

alistair Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

I am a developer of a Windows 8 app and, essentially, I need a monitor that can simulate a Surface Pro 3 so I can test.

Are there any touch monitors with an active stylus (e.g. Wacom/Ntrig pen that supports pressure and pen hover) available for purchase? I don't really mind how much it costs. The smaller the screen the better too.

I just can't seem to Google one.

Thanks

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Your best option is probably to buy an $800 Core i3 Surface Pro 3, or an i5 or i7 if you don't mind the price.

The $2800 Cintiq comes with pen & touch. The Cintiq Companion 2 starts at $1300 and can function as external monitor and input device in addition to being a Windows tablet.

There are cheaper alternatives from Monoprice and Lenovo, but none of them are high-res enough to simulate the display of the SP3. All the other pen displays don't have touch input.

Your easiest option is to buy a pen & touch graphics tablet ($50-$100) and plug it to your development workstation. You could buy a new WQHD or 4K display with the cash that's left if you're feeling frisky.

5. alistair

alistair Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks ATIVQ,

I might look at the Cintiq Companion 2 as an option.

I don't need it to be high res - I'm just needing something that simulates the pen and touch.

Thanks

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

7. medo84

medo84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I am planing to buy a new laptop for my work , i been looking around for a laptop with a digital pen , i have Samsung note 4 smartphone and i love the idea of working with pen , i would like it to be at least 12 inch screen and strongly preferred it to work with Wacom stylus pen is preferred . i7 cpu also . aside of cintiq and surface pro 3 as both are really costly for i7 ( both are around 1.7k usd) and that's far of my limits . i need something around 1k-1.3k max .
    your suggestion are most welcome .
    Thanks

8. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I
    I don't see the HP Specter x360 on here, although I do see it on the spreadsheet.

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

For an ultra-low-voltage device like the Cintiq and Surface Pro 3 there is no practical difference between the i7 and the i5 processors. The i3 is almost 50% slower than the i5 so nobody should ever get the i3. The i7 is a mere 5%-10% faster than the i5, and that's only in very few workload scenarios, so there's very little reason to prefer the i7 over the i5.

jaekqubp likes this.
  10. medo84

medo84 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your reply , i have never thought of that , if it is true than no need to be limited to i7 , i5 also will do . i mainly need the laptop for using Staffpad . i found here a Dell Inspiron 13R 7348 . is that any good ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.