List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm looks like it comes out of the same factory than the MSI S80 Note ;)
    From the pictures & video I would say that they share the same hardware.

2. Jamon

Jamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Also don't see the Asus T300 Chi in the spreadsheet. It has the highest pixel density in its class, with 12.5" 235 PPI.

[​IMG]

crashnburn likes this.
  3. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

Nice findings and thanks for sharing. Love the $180 price point for Active Digi and also the USI initiative.

4. indoorsman

indoorsman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, this has been a solid and informative thread for some time now for me. I have a few things to add from my limited experience with my first pen enabled windows tablet (Lenovo Thinkpad 10, 128gb/ 4gb)

For a while now the Lenovo Thinkpad 10 had a msrp of $599 listed on the Lenovo website and on the online store a reduced "instant savings," bringing the price lower (right now $539 for the min spec tablet)

They also have had at least 2 times where Lenovo posted a significant discount to the online store price, I bought during one of these deals: the 128gb/ 4gb was going for about $450. All told, with keyboard and cover and taxes I paid about $615.

The list table makes it appear the Lenovo Thinkpad 10 to be a terribly expensive atom tablet when it really isnt. The Surface 3 is listed as being $500, but that is without the pen. It really should be revised to $550 because it's not truly 100% penabled at the $500 price point.

**With those two points taken into account they are comparable in price and capability.** (imho)

I would also note the USB2.0 port is funky on the Thinkpad 10. It underpowers the devices it connects to and doesnt seem 100% compatible. The SD slot also suffers from compatibility issues.

Also there doesnt appear to be a version without a digitizer, so that note can also be removed.

5. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah the Asus T100 & T300 will be added soon. There was a report that the T100 & T300 wouldn't get a digitizer when they are available for sale and only the T90 would get a digitizer. Seems like they were wrong. That and because there still wasn't a date when they'll be available in stores they haven't beend added.

The min MSRP is mostly the price that manufactures mention in their product announcements or when the devices first appear in their official stores. Of course the prices will drop over time but it would be a lot of work keeping them updated. But they should only give a very rough idea of the price-range.
    About the pen, thats a problem with many devices that don't have it included. Thats why I'm trying to add a note on these devices, that it's not included and needs to be purchased separately. Same with keyboard docks/covers.

Unfortunately USB-ports are limited on many tablets. For example even the big Surface Pro 3 with Core i-CPU has a very limited port while the small Fujitsu Q584 with Atom has a full powered port (from what I've read on this forum).

A lot of the problems like in this post are caused by the manufacturers because they somehow 'refuse' to give concrete information about their devices... :rolleyes: See the recent discussion of the Thinkpad Yoga 15 whether it has a digitizer or not. (link)

- Getac V110 (?, optional)
    - Pipo W5 (Hanvon, no silo) (same hardware as MSI S80 Note?)
    - HP Pro Tablet 408 G1 (Atmel/Synaptics?, pen not included)
    - HP Pro Tablet 608 G1 (Atmel, pen not included, no silo)
    - HP Pro Tablet 10 EE G1 (?, pen not included?)
    - HP Pavilion x2 10 ? (Synaptics?, ?)
    - Lenovo ThinkPad 10 (Gen 2) (Wacom, optional?, no silo?)
    - Asus Transformer Book Chi T100 (Synaptics, pen not included, no silo)
    - Asus Transformer Book Chi T300 (Synaptics, pen not included, no silo)

Prototypes or limited availability:
    - HP ElitePad 1000 G2 Healthcare, Retrail, Rugged? (Atmel?, optional/pen not included?)
    - Kupa V10
    - Cube i7 (Wacom, no silo, pen sold separately)
    - NEC LaVie Hybrid Standard (Wacom?)
    - NEC LaVie U (Wacom?, optional)
    - NEC LaVie Tab W 710 (Wacom)
    - NEC VersaPro J type VS (Wacom, silo on keyboard dock)
    - NEC VersaPro J type VT (Wacom, silo on keyboard dock)
    - NEC VersaPro J type VW (Wacom AES?, no silo)
    - VAIO Z (N-trig, no silo)
    - VAIO Z Canvas (N-trig, no silo)
    - BungBungame Photon 2

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    JoeS likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Whats the pen tech?

8. Bronsky

No idea. First I've heard of this.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

The fetures page list the digitizer pen as electromagnetic induction (電磁誘導) so my assumption would be Wacom EMR.
    The naming is confusing. LaVie is NEC's Android line up in Japan, but they are calling this model for LAVIE, as if that should be a clear signal that it is Windows.

10. Bronsky

It looks like a Wacom pen. As for the name, looks like NEC is expanding the line. There were a couple of LaVie notebooks released earlier this month, both Windows. http://www.notebookreview.com/news/lavie-z-ultraportables-lenovo-necs-lightweight-tag-team/ I would expect that we'll probably see this in the US eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.