List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

@Radium, where did you see the mention of the Synaptics pen in the review you linked? The only mention of Synaptics I can find is in regard to the touch pad. I didn't see any mention of a pen at all.

For the HP spectre x360 has anyone seen any other mention of the pen other than that one line in the review @Bronsky linked? I can find no mention of a pen (or stylus, digitizer) on the HP web site or their product data sheet.

The leather sleeve he mentions is a generic sleeve for HP's 13.3" devices... which includes the Envy x2 which uses a Synatpics pen. I get the feeling the author may have been confused somehow by this. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn this device has no pen support at all... but hopefully I'm wrong this would be a pretty sweet device with pen input.

2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

3. Mesosphere

4. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

5. Mesosphere

What makes you think it is that one instead of the Atmel one?

Edit: They sure don't make things clear on their web site... The "HP Active Pen" pen says it is compatible with "select devices" but I can find nothing that says which ones. And the Envy X2 says it is compatible with a pen that is sold separately, but doesn't list which one. I know it is synaptics because of the thread on it, but I don't see any mention of which pen it is compatible with on HP's site.

Also, I can't find that Atmel pen anywhere. Surely they must still be selling it for their elitepad right?

Edit 2: Hmm, well maybe it is a business/consumer product distinction. Both the Envy x2 and Spectre are consumer products and the only pen in the consumer product section is the "HP Active Pen"... so maybe that is supposed to make it obvious?

@eaglestar, I think your right. The pen in the video looks much more like the HP Active Pen (which I'm pretty sure is synaptics, no thanks to HP) than it looks like the "HP Executive Tablet Pen G2" Atmel pen.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. Radium

Radium Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont`know which technology is using. I just saw that its a HP Active Pen. But the guy from the youtube video clearly points out that is not as good as a wacom.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  8. Mesosphere

Regardless, it looks like you were correct. From the above posts I'm pretty convinced.

9. sven.hassel

sven.hassel Pen Pal - Newbie

PDF annotation at drawboard PDF would be nice :)

10. locx

locx Pen Pal - Newbie

So I received the stylus today, but the bad news is my device turned out to be faulty and I returned it today also. Before I did though, out of curiosity, I briefly tried it in Windows Journal and I gotta say I'm impressed. Mind you, I'm not the most picky guy or expert in noticing minor differences in things like this, but the way people made it sound like it's practically unusable, I really couldn't tell a huge difference between this and my previous Wacom one. Sure it did require a little pressure to work whereas the Wacom needed virtually none, but not really more than you would need on a pencil and paper to get a adequately readable letters. So stay tuned for the full "review" :p and sorry for the delay!

sven.hassel and ATIVQ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.