List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

OK it's back in with asterisk added ;)

JoeS likes this.
  2. crashsuit

crashsuit Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like Synaptics, unfortunately. It's not yet been added to the compatibility list on the stylus's info page, but in checkout for the laptop, the stylus is listed as a compatible accessory. It's got a picture of the newer silver-barreled one. It's a shame, as I was *this* close to buying one, too - 5th-gen i7, 8GB RAM, 13" w/ digitizer, and around USD$730 shipped after coupons and discounts - but then the Synpatics digitizer did it in for me. I bought a used Acer R7 572 instead the other week, and haven't looked back.

FYA_EXel likes this.
  3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think I am just gonna go with the a 1oin tablet, but not sure, which one. Fujitsu Q584 seems out of stock in the outlet store, the Q555 is surprisingly a bit pricey(about $600 new), which really leaves me TPT10 and HP ElitePad/ProPad line. Am I missing any other 10in tablet with 4gb of ram option? Also, not mentioned in the list is estimate battery life(either manufactures claim or per reviews), and if the USB port is full powered to limited. Thank you.

Edit: Interesting the Q555 has two full size usb ports, 1x3.0 & 1x2.0. Kind of has me thinking about getting that as I do like prefer two usb ports, something the Q584 doesn't offer.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

March 3rd, the Dell Venue 10 should be up for sale. $385 with a keyboard dock. Another $30 for a Wacom EA pen. Bay Trial power. Not sure how that compares to the Thinkpad 10, which would be my other go-to option. Traditional Wacom pen but the KB can't be adjusted.

5. bloodycape

I want to say the TPT10 maybe better just based on the sole fact 4gb of ram is an option, as is 128gb SSD, something I haven't seen mentioned on the Venue 10. If anything it be comparable to the Encore 2 Write 10. If 4gb was an option I'd take a more serious look at it, otherwise i'd go with a 10in model that offers 4gb, like the Q555, which as aforementioned has two full size usb ports on the tablet itself.

Edit: I don't see the 10 listed on Dell's site yet.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

They just announced it a couple days ago. So it isn't surprising if it isn't there yet.

7. bloodycape

I know, but the way bronsky put it I thought it was up on Dells site. Is that price for the full HD or HD model?

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's supposta be on the site on the 3rd. I think that's the same week as the MWC. They'll probably introduce it there. No question about the RAM. It is the most limiting factor for my M80TA. 2 GB is a no go.

With the refurbished Thinkpad 10's running a bit more than $400 in the outlet, the Fuji looks less attractive at $600. I know you like full sized USB ports though.

9. bloodycape

Two full size usb ports(and I think included keyboard), that aren't power limited is tempting(I have a non-powered external and I charge my phone all the time via usb), or else I'd be seriously thinking about the TPT10 as I like how it looks. I really was thinking Encore 2 Write, but if you're saying even on Atom 2gb is limited, then that's out of the equation for me. This chart is really helpful, but also bad as it shows you all the great options one has. Which, has me thinking after talking to others here, that i'll see if I can get a base X2 1101 with keyboard, specially if the build is like the ElitePad 100 and battery life pans out.

Edit: I had to look at the excel sheet again and that brought up the X20t for me again as it has similar specs to the X2 1101, while being larger and and lighter. I guess it's on the list again for me.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Bronsky likes this.
  10. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

I doubt that it has SSD ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.