List of Windows 8 and RT tablets and convertibles with stylus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoeS, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, at least they should offer a high-res screen option. Though, with 1600x900px you could simply get a T902 and have other benefits aswell :D

In the specsheet for the Q775 they simply have written SD slot but in the first pictures you can see that it's only µSD :(
    35503_STYLISTIC_Q775_-_left_side_with_keyboard_-_with_reflection_crop_crop.jpg
    I don't have pictures of the other sides but I don't think they use more then 1 SD-slot. The spec sheet also lists a "HDMI" port, though it's only miniHDMI in the picture. I'm also not sure if it really has 2 fullsize USB ports.

I hate the trend of manufacturers putting in less and less ports and converting the few remaining ones to mini & micro versions... One should think there is plenty of space for ports in a 12"+ machine.

Edit:
    PalmVein Sensor (old vid):

More info: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/solutions/business-technology/security/palmsecure/index.html

On the Q775 the sensor is an 'external' extension:
    35528_STYLISTIC_Q775_-_right_side_-_with_PalmVein_Sensor_-_with_reflection_crop.jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Is the Q775 replacing the 12.5in Q704, or will they also at some point bring out an update to that, seeing as there is renewed interest in the 12in screen size?

3. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 should be added to the list when you get a chance.

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/announcements/cintiq-companion-2

- 4 models ranging from i3-i7 Haswell AND Broadwell 28 watt CPUs (Broadwell for the highest end only)
    - 4-16 gigs RAM
    - 64-512 GB SSD
    - Wacom "Professional" digitizer
    - 13.3 inch 2560 x 1440 WQHD display!
    - Windows 8.1 or 8.1 pro
    - 1.7 kg (3.75 lbs)
    - compatible as an external cintiq for use with other computers.
    - Hardware Express keys on device.

AMPED.
    they better not skip QC this time.

Zeelobby and JoeS like this.
  4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, already reminded on page 74 :p
    It also has 3x USB3.0 that will also be available to the external PC but only at USB2 speed, and full size SD + µSD slot.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    stoneseeker likes this.
  5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm still liking my note 12.2". But dang this is what I really want. I might even consider the cheapest model considering it can be used as a regular cintiq. Not sure if I really need all that portable power if my laptop is already an i7, 16GB of RAM and I can just plug this in for the same performance.

stoneseeker likes this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's just too damn many devices! :D OK re-note to self, add specs from post 1499.

So far I've added the TP Yoga's to the table, added the T935 to the first post, added the Cintiq 2 companion to the first post and the table. More to follow.

findichgut and Zeelobby like this.
  7. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So what do you guys think about the new Cintiq Companion 2? Are some models considered a necessary upgrade over others? I'm assuming the digitizer is the same on all of them, just the internals differ. Could one get away with the i3? Or is at least the i5 pretty much mandatory for a smooth experience. I can always use the juice of my laptop if necessary. Does that mean when connected it uses all of the laptop internals and none of the tablets hardware outside of screen and digitizer? Thanks!

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Looks like that is the case, yes. Functions as a normal cintiq when needed, is a standalone tabletPC otherwise.
    I would say the i5 would be the best bang for your buck to get a decent experience, but many of us are very interested in the high end version rocking 16 gigs ram and fast CPU with speedy (for an integrated) Iris GPU.

Of course, if you think you'll be using it tethered to a powerful machine most of its life, than a i3 would make the most sense, if you only needed it for light sketching and general tablet stuff. Though, if that were the case, then why not pick up a hybrid for cheaper? Android for light sketching and tablet-y stuff, and use it as a cintiq for all heavy lifting.

Personally I am just excited for a machine that will hopefully perform like my T902, but that can also last past the point of a normal laptop lifespan as a cintiq, all for the same price as a normal tabletPc without that function!

Zeelobby likes this.
  9. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

another one for your list: HP x2 Pro 612 G1

- 4 models ranging from Celeron/Pentium to i5 Haswell
    - 4-8 gigs RAM
    - 64-512 GB SSD
    - Wacom "Professional" digitizer
    - 12.5 inch FullHD display
    - Windows 8.1 or 8.1 pro
    - 1-1,85 kg (2.22 to 3.75 lbs)
    - 4G LTE, Smartcard Reader, Fingerprint sensor
    - USB 3.0, DisplayPort, Dockingstation
    - Full Ultrabook-Keyboard Dock with additional Battery or light Travel keyboard like the Surface

http://shopping1.hp.com/is-bin/INTE...se?CatalogCategoryID=pFcQ7haca_MAAAFHWP5Ethtb

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/detachables/Prox2_612_datasheet.pdf

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is there already, but it was incorrectly labeled in the spreadsheet as Core-M instead of Haswell.

JoeS, I fixed it. I have been so incredibly helpful to you maintaining this list haven't I? =)

JoeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.